• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Valhalla: Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Anyone thought of the long term picture? :p

If they demolish that building where the restaurant was and use the storage yard at the side of Valhalla. There's enough room for a new attraction :)

Seems odd they would close a perfectly good eatery only to move it a few yards away. ???

Spike said:

If they demolish that building where the restaurant was and use the storage yard at the side of Valhalla. There's enough room for a new attraction :)

Seems odd they would close a perfectly good eatery only to move it a few yards away. ???

Might have something to do with this Windseeker rumour ???

Michael said:
Spike said:

Unless they are going to demolish Ice Blast, I don't see the need for another tall tower ride at that end of the park. A Windseeker would certainly not fulfill the niche of thrill rides which BPB so desperately needs either.

They could potentially turn it into anotehr Gift Shop with more Valhalla merchandise aswell as other park merchandise to.

I look forward to the day when Amanda Thompson again decides to apply her talent for artist creation and direction to a ride - as opposed to water features and restaurant branding.

The Psychoaster said:
Michael said:
Spike said:

Unless they are going to demolish Ice Blast, I don't see the need for another tall tower ride at that end of the park. A Windseeker would certainly not fulfill the niche of thrill rides which BPB so desperately needs either.

Well if Ice Blast is moved onto the former Bling site there will be plenty of room for one. I really hope that PB do not get a Windseeker as I think it would be an awful ride to get especially in Blackpool.

Zak said:
They could potentially turn it into anotehr Gift Shop with more Valhalla merchandise aswell as other park merchandise to.

In an ideal world I'd love some good Valhalla gifts - however the Valhalla shop was demolished during closed season, so the likelihood of this is pretty low. The park does need a bigger range of branded merchandise however, as the main gift shop (Kiss Me Quick) seems to have more One Direction and K'nex novelties than Pleasure Beach souvenirs at the moment.

Michael said:
Well if Ice Blast is moved onto the former Bling site there will be plenty of room for one. I really hope that PB do not get a Windseeker as I think it would be an awful ride to get especially in Blackpool.

They won't move Ice Blast because it would require S&S to come and over-see it & S&S won't touch Ice Blast because PB have messed it up.

Spike said:
Michael said:

They won't move Ice Blast because it would require S&S to come and over-see it & S&S won't touch Ice Blast because PB have messed it up.

I'm just going off rumours I have heard, I hope it doesn't happen tbh.

How have they messed it up? Also the wind seeker would be a mare to ride in high winds coming off the sea

Spark said:
How have they messed it up? Also the wind seeker would be a mare to ride in high winds coming off the sea

More importantly, it'd be a nightmare to operate. :p

Whilst Ice Blast would be the perfect footprint for a Windseeker attraction, you also have to bare in mind that Flamingoland are getting one of these this Summer. Also you've got the Flying Machines which are very similar right next to it (even if it isn't as tall).

Adam said:
More importantly, it'd be a nightmare to operate. :p

Whilst Ice Blast would be the perfect footprint for a Windseeker attraction, you also have to bare in mind that Flamingoland are getting one of these this Summer. Also you've got the Flying Machines which are very similar right next to it (even if it isn't as tall).

Are they?? They have strict height restrictions. Where's this been confirmed?

The lighthouse on Cliffhanger had to be removed due to it being an eye saw.

Flamingo Land aren't getting a Mondial Windseeker, they're getting a Zamperla Vertical Swing. Also, I think a Windseeker would be great at Blackpool. It's one of the few parks that would be allowed to build one and from the videos and reviews on the Internet, they seem to be such a fantastic thing to behold at night time with the lighting on them. I think a Windseeker would fit right in at Blackpool and the Pleasure Beach. The Flying Machine's can work along-side a Windseeker. Although they do the same thing, the height difference is enough of a difference to allow them to coexist, in my opinion anyway. The Windseeker would appeal thrill-seekers and the Flying Machines appeal to pretty much anyone. And after all, the Pleasure Beach has multiple carousels that are different sizes. :p

BigAl said:
Flamingo Land aren't getting a Mondial Windseeker, they're getting a Zamperla Vertical Swing. Also, I think a Windseeker would be great at Blackpool. It's one of the few parks that would be allowed to build one and from the videos and reviews on the Internet, they seem to be such a fantastic thing to behold at night time with the lighting on them. I think a Windseeker would fit right in at Blackpool and the Pleasure Beach. The Flying Machine's can work along-side a Windseeker. Although they do the same thing, the height difference is enough of a difference to allow them to coexist, in my opinion anyway. The Windseeker would appeal thrill-seekers and the Flying Machines appeal to pretty much anyone. And after all, the Pleasure Beach has multiple carousels that are different sizes. :p

It's not thrilling though, it's just going around at height in a circle.

A windseeker would be no good for BPB, any great height and the wind starts to have too much of an effect on things.

Seeing how much of an effect it has on PMBO, I don't fancy sitting in just a chair in the wind!

The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:

It's not thrilling though, it's just going around at height in a circle.

Exactly. PBB need a ride with thrills and Flying Machines on steroids isn't going to deliver those thrills.

The height and speed of the Windseeker is enough for most people though. But the ride isn't intense, so it's accessible to smaller riders that want to experience a big ride. It's not a white knuckle ride, but it was never designed to be the next Top Scan or Top Spin. And besides, a gigantic new ride wouldbe easier to market than something that's far smaller.

Also, Mondial make the Windseeker at varying heights. A smaller one (perhaps around the same sort of height as the Big One) won't be affected as much as the full sized one.

But if you want something big and thrilling, what about one of these:

800px-Skycoaster_%28Full_Structure%29.JPG

:p

Those things only really work in parks with a lot of free space and relatively low guest numbers, even then they tend to be upcharge attractions (I think Vertigo at Oakwood is £11 per person).

I don't think they're novel enough to really excite people - there are similar rides at Oakwood and at Blackpool's south pier. American Adventure used to have one too.

John said:
I don't think they're novel enough to really excite people - there are similar rides at Oakwood and at Blackpool's south pier. American Adventure used to have one too.

..and South Pier are currently attempting to sell theirs too, so it wouldn't appear to not be too popular.