• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Valhalla: Blackpool Pleasure Beach

As John said, they tend to be upsell attractions. At American Adventure it was operated as if it was a completely separate entity! If I remember rightly you had to prebook, so many days/weeks in advance, and pay upfront on top of your park entrance fee.

Plus they are without a doubt the lowest throughput "thrill rides" ever created. I think AA were lucky if they could runs theirs a few times a day :p

Also, I'd imagine they too are susceptible to high winds. If there's one thing PB doesn't need it's a tall ride which has to close in high winds :p

Haha, it was more of a joke than a serious suggestion. :p

Anyway, it's a shame that Loki's is closed. I never had the chance to eat in there, although that may be due to the fact that the bucket and spade full of fried is always too tempting to pass-up. :p

BigAl said:
Haha, it was more of a joke than a serious suggestion. :p

Anyway, it's a shame that Loki's is closed. I never had the chance to eat in there, although that may be due to the fact that the bucket and spade full of fried is always too tempting to pass-up. :p

TOP TIP: Always ask for removal of the spade whilst the chips are loaded in - otherwise quite a large volume of the bucket is wasted ;)

It honestly frustrates me that Loki's has gone, I really enjoyed eating there last time I visited BPB and was planning on returning this year: The place was quality in every way! And as Spike says, it doesn't make sense opening another just a few feet away from Loki's. I do admire how they're now selling wine at The Plaice too :p

Rowe said:
It honestly frustrates me that Loki's has gone, I really enjoyed eating there last time I visited BPB and was planning on returning this year: The place was quality in every way! And as Spike says, it doesn't make sense opening another just a few feet away from Loki's. I do admire how they're now selling wine at The Plaice too :p

Some work was going on upstairs in Loki's yesterday.

Could they not be revamping it into another Viking-esque attraction? It seems rarther odd how they have got rid of it unless it was actually unpopular? I mean not to forget there is another fish and chip shop right opposite Infusion.

Zak said:
Could they not be revamping it into another Viking-esque attraction? It seems rarther odd how they have got rid of it unless it was actually unpopular? I mean not to forget there is another fish and chip shop right opposite Infusion.

The Plaice which is located where the Arabian Derby was has replaced Loki's.