• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

VEEJOY / "The Story of Europa-Park"

Just watched the first episode. It’s good. It looks like it I’ll be around the 10 min mark per episode which is really easy to digest.

it’s taken inspiration from the “Imagineering” series on a Disney+ (which I highly recommend) but when have EP ever taken inspiration from Disney before eh? ;)

If you have read the book “King of Fun” then it’s pretty much a video version of that which is no bad thing.

This is a very cool concept from Mack Media, the biggest challenge will be keeping it fresh with content and making people come back for more.

Great way to kill some time on a Sunday though!

Does anyone else find Veejoy quite buggy? It’s making the Story of Europa Park quite a faff to watch for me.

The buffering of the videos seems to have an issue where for some reason it stops buffering and jumps a few seconds ahead, meaning the video just stops playing at random and the only way I can find to fix it is to go out and back in again.

This is what the bar looks like when it happens, as you can see there is a ‘gap’ where a section of the video hasn’t buffered.

nXZqvB6.jpg

Yes - we had similar bugs, although not every episode. Just here and there.

I'm in the middle of watching the first episode of the new talk show series "We Speak Europe - The Talk At Europa-Park." It's quite long at an hour in length but the production quality is good and there are accurate English subtitles. Definitely worth a watch though, it's very interesting! The first episode features Roland Mack, Andreas Andersen and circus showmen Bernhard Paul and his daughter Lili Paul-Roncalli. :)

I have to say, I thought 'The Story of Europa-Park' was a bit boring.

There's been no 'peril' or any real adversity in the history of the business (say, a long period where they might have gone under), so it didn't make for much of a storyline. Just a steady upward trajectory of uninterrupted success. At points it just felt like a chronological reeling-off of additions. Some of the old pictures were nice though.

It was just fanservice.

Fine, really. I mean, they can't exactly make up a nuclear threat over Silver Star.

Reactions: Sam
I found it much too short. They obviously have a lot of material, but cut it in microseconds, so you could not see much. Waiting for the extended edition...

It definitely feels like they could have gone into more detail, but I suspect they’re hedging their bets given it’s a new platform. It would definitely be good to see some more park content though, perhaps something which follows different areas of the resort, from rides, shows, F&B, accommodation, waterpark etc.

The other improvement would be making the content a little more accessible to watch, via an app for tv and phones.