• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Voyager: Journey to the final frontier

Jem8472

TS Member
I have put this on Facebook so some of you may have seen this already.

I have just watched Voyager: to the final frontier.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _Frontier/

I recoded most of it the other night on BBC HD.
It is a truly stunning documentary, its amazing what the team achieved from launching Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 back in 1977. They have seen our local planets in much greater detail than they were ever seen before. They uncovered secrets of the planets that no one could even have imagined at the time.

Now they are leaving our solar system and heading off into interstellar space who knows, someone/thing out there might find them and the gold discs that are carried with them. The first man man object ever to leave our solar system and had off into the emptiness of space.

It seems that they will outlive the wonders of our world, they will be there after the pyramids are gone, after our cities have long since gone and after humans have disappeared. Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 will be there travelling in space. I hope another civilisation does find one of them. We will probably never know if they do but it would be a great end to an amazing mission to explore our solar system and our tiny party of the universe.

As I always seem to bang on about space related things on this forum I am going to say again you should really watch the programme. Its great, really shows you the amazing things that we can do if we put our minds to it and try. Makes you wonder why we are still wasting our time with a lot of petty rubbish on this planet.