• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

VR Coaster: Coming soon?

Rose Of Dawn

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
I'm on my iPhone so can't post a link yet. But the official EP page has just shared a test video of the VR coaster concept showing Euromaus and Eurofant on a mine cart. It seems to be hinting this could be the next 'big thing' at Europa-Park. I'll try and post the link later :)

No no no no no. A rollercoaster is about the live experience, not a simulated environment. Parks like EP and Disney do amazing immersive theming for their rides, this would be a lazy way to create an inferior experience.

It would be interesting if they made an indoor coaster with various elements designed to work well with VR, where the goggles are already in the car or you pull them over with your harness.

But I equally agree with @EuroSatch - a coaster experience, especially those with epic theming like at EP, is all about the live surrounding environment.

Edit

Sorry to double post but...

That's what I posted above!

It's an interesting idea and good for a one off special 'show' as it were. But I would not want to see it implemented full time on any current or new coaster at EP.

:)

I can't see EP just plonking this on an existing coaster. I think to take advantage of it best, it would have to be an indoor coaster.

Whilst I don't see it as a real replacement for theming of rides, it could certainly be an interesting idea.

Have any of you read the website?

The idea of this isn't to replace any rollercoaster, or replace theming, nor indeed have a rollercoaster with headsets attached for every rider.

It's an optional extra for your day out - on www.vrcoaster.com - it is all explained.

It makes re-rides quite different and brings another dimension to the park experience.

This one looks quite cool:

You're going to look a bit of a tit if theres just two of you sat on a ride with those whopping things on your head aren't you!

I agree this would be a great concept for an indoor coaster.

On outdoor coasters though I'm not a fan. If it's optional though I think it's okay. I prefer outdoor coasters to be 'real' though.

I don't think there's any question that 'real' coasters are better.

This is merely an optional thing rather than a full blown new attraction.

As an optional extra I do like the idea and it is something I would like to try out. However I can't imagine it would be cheap!

As an optional extra I do like the idea and it is something I would like to try out. However I can't imagine it would be cheap!

I can't imagine the purchase and installation of a huge long travelator would be cheap either, but Europa...

Cheap as in... cheap to rent for the day.

Not the installation costs.

You guys need better inference skills.

Reactions: Rob