• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

The one thing that's ruined it?

No more rainbow trains.

DAMN THEM!!!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Went on this ride at the weekend, and WOW! It's brilliant and has an epic soundtrack! Slightly addicted to it. Managed to get into the Preview event on Friday so got an hour ERT on it (5 goes in total and have to say, loved riding the back!) Quite disorientating when travelling back.

Ah if only the UK had one!

Now that's how you make a simple lighting rig work, Thorpe!
Odd that is seems to have a rolling launch. Is that a modification? I always thought those things launched from the station.

Lottie. said:
Went on this ride at the weekend

I hate you. :|

I asked the same question to a few others but I think it's to do with a sort of dark ride bit just before you launch. They originally did launch straight from the station though. Walibi have replaced the original launch system (weight drop and flywheel) with magnets so they've been able to launch it differently so that they can accommodate the dark ride bit.

I also wondered if the shortened launch meant that it was more intense due to less space but the same speed being reached for the loop and spike, but Lottie said a few others she spoke to while she was there told her the launch isn't as intense this time. Still looks fun though!

The new train and magnetic launch are Gerstlauer's work. A guy from them talks about the launch in one of Walibi Belgium's videos.

This looks really good, and the soundtrack is catchy as hell. Definitely a ride I'd like to try!

It's a shame they couldn't keep the original mechanism. I guess the only chance I'm ever going to have to ride a shuttle loop the way Anton wanted is if I go to South America.

DiogoJ42 said:
It's a shame they couldn't keep the original mechanism. I guess the only chance I'm ever going to have to ride a shuttle loop the way Anton wanted is if I go to South America.

Knotts Berry Farm still has their one...

There's not enough tin foil in the world to make a hat big enough for Diogo to go to the USA, but that still leaves Mexico, Brazil, South Africa and Japan as other options.

Reviews suggest this ride isn't anything like the original. Far gentler.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

KristofWB on CoasterForce says that Walibi Belgium have announced at their annual "fan day(?)" that they are getting a MACK world's first in 2016.

Expect an official announcement soon!

:)

Talk of it including VR on that forum. It's not just us that go NEW COASTER WOW IT MUST BE A 4D WORLD RECORDING INVERTING WASHING MACHINE ELEMENT WING FLYING INVERTED SPINNING BACKWARDS LAUNCHED LIFT HILL COASTER!

Mack do many rides, doesn't mean it's a coaster yet, but one would hope so!!

The phrase "Mack world's first" hardly indicates a Carousel ... I'd be happy with a unique thrill flat!

Could it be the flume rapids combo ride concept? I'm desperate to see a park go for that soon!

:)

Could it be the flume rapids combo ride concept? I'm desperate to see a park go for that soon!

It has to be a coaster, they haven't had a new one in thirteen years. Coasters are the life blood of parks.

I can't see this being the VR stuff. The test on Blue Fire was a very early snapshot from development. The concept is nowhere near mature enough to be built in a major park for 2016. It'll be something else.

It has to be a coaster, they haven't had a new one in thirteen years. Coasters are the life blood of parks.

I can't see this being the VR stuff. The test on Blue Fire was a very early snapshot from development. The concept is nowhere near mature enough to be built in a major park for 2016. It'll be something else.

I generally feel the same, but what could the Mack World's first be? One of those it's rather impossible to get near unless they're moving into inverters given they've done a powered version. That would be interesting.