• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

I haven't ridden this yet, it looks fun but I do wonder how much love it would get 'round these parts if it wasn't a Mack ride.

It's almost like the lovechild of a Eurofighter, an Intamin Wing & El Loco. If it's managed to inherit all the good parts of those rides, tremendous. If it's inherited the bad bits, then it could literally be the work of the devil.

Last edited:
It's not a bad ride, but by no means incredible. The first drop is fantastic, especially on an outside seat. There are also a couple of decent pops of airtime.

However, as a few people said on the trip, it feels very controlled. It doesn't have that untamed wildness that you get with a Eurofighter. Some of the elements therefore don't pack quite the sensation you'd expect from the video (for me, the biggest is the roll over the water canon).

There were also a few people who pointed out that whilst the trains are comfy, as would be expected from Mack, it does still have quite a rattle to it, and you do certainly get some vibrations through the vehicle.

For me personally I don't think it makes my top 10, but probably my top 20. Not bad, and a fairly well finished product, but not quite what I expected from looking at pictures and videos of it.

Those seats on the outside look awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've only done it once, it had a 140 minute queue when I was at Walibi. It was very enjoyable, the combination of being on the outside seat and it having lapbars gives a great feeling of freedom, something you don't get on other coasters with the over the head restraints.

I wouldn't rate it as my favourite coaster, but it was certainly a lot of fun!

Walibi Holland have already confirmed that they will be getting another new coaster in 2019, report by Looopings:
Looopings said:
Walibi Holland opens great new roller coaster again in 2019

Walibi Holland is not sitting still after the arrival of the new roller coaster Lost Gravity year. In 2019 the theme park reopens a big rollercoaster. That promises director Mascha van Till in an interview.

She would not reveal details yet. However, Van Till says that the budget will be higher than at Lost Gravity, which next month is taken into use. "It will again be something totally different. We're always looking for things you can not find in another park."

Also in 2017 Walibi gets a new attraction. The working title is 'Brain Trip', the boss revealed on BNR. "It is a project of a different caliber. You are about to experience something." In any case, to customize any virtual reality glasses.

According to the director Walibi looking to develop new attractions rather not off to colleagues in the industry. Till late prefers inspired by different sectors. "What are leading companies in the theater world? What do you see in stores?"

Great to see continued investment! I wonder what type of coaster they could be looking at?

:)

So this evening Park Erlebnis DE are reporting that Walibi Holland have yet more paint on the go. For its 15th anniversary in 2017 the park are reprinting the track on Goliath!

2ee26588ce5a388c6be7f32915e190aa.jpg
(Image: Parkerlebnis.de)

The ride is receiving a brand new coat of dark blue paint to its track work replacing the original green colour scheme. It's only two years since the rides supports were given a fresh coat of black over the purple meaning in its 15 year life the ride is now on its 3rd colour scheme!

It really is great to see the park taking such care of appearance, this is now probably the 3rd or 4th paint job they've done on their rides in the last 5 years! :D

Oh wow, I agree that it is great to seee them ensuring that the coaster is looking its best. I did not realise that the supports had been repainted black and I am a little bit sad that it will no longer be green and purple (which always seemed a little more unique).

Still, I'm sure it will look great once complete!

:)

Have to echo previous comments in here. I think the green colour scheme was much more appealing. Something a little different. Blue seems to be the in thing at the moment (along with Merlin Grey, naturally).

I wonder if they're going to go back to the station and plaza and perhaps add a little more theming and character. It is quite distinctly Six Flags at the moment.

Walibi Holland is busy in the off season.

- Over half a KM of Robin Hood has been retracked.
- The rapids has received new boats.
dsdpdhl.jpg

- Their SLC Condor is being repainted.
- As we already know Goliath is being repainted blue. On Facebook the park has said to paint the whole coaster requires 2430 litres of paint.
amusfk.jpg

2drchdx.jpg

goliath_23.jpg

- New for 2017 is a VR scare attraction.

All good to hear. Still not sure on blue Goliath mind. Getting a bit bored of blue or black coasters :p The green did feel a little more unique.

Looks like the rapids boats are Hafema, replacing the Vekoma ones? Wonder if this has been done for safety (though it begs the question why it may have taken so long!). Wasn't it Walibi's ones where a girl had her foot crushed? Either way, I'm sure they'll be much nicer than the Vekoma ones. Those things are weird!

As for Condor, the only liquid which should be applied to it is a high concentration of corrosive acid. Melt the awful thing down!

The SLC Experiment

Walibi Holland are testing new seats and restraints on their SLC Condor.

On both trains they have replaced the front rows with two different types of seat.
One train has new Vekoma seats.
050417daddy1.jpg

The other train has new Kumbak seats.
050417daddy2.jpg

They are experimenting with the two to see which improves the ride the most.
Once they pick one the trains will be fully replaced for the next season or the one after that.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7362/Fotos-nieuwe-karretjes-op-Walibi-achtbaan-Condor.html

I quite like the Kumbak design when riding, but it does indeed look ridiculous.

All credit to them for this approach.

That ride definitely needs a change of rolling stock. It was horrendous last August.

The Vekoma option surely has to be the way to go? The KUMBAK AND FINISH OUR RIDE! design hardly sets an expectation of a pleasant experience!

Those Kumbak seats have a vague resemblence to the Kumbak trains on Stampida.

Please god, no.