• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

Looks very vibrant! Sort of reminds me of Marvel Superhero Island at IOA.

If I was inspired by Laaandun when making a big entrance to a place, I'd think Kensington, St Pancreas, Westminster, The British Museum, The Imperial War Museum, or even Covent Garden... but Camden Town is a very .. interesting choice to say the least. Hey, they've clearly worked hard on it and well done for doing that, but I just don't really like that style and don't think it feels appropriate.

Excellent, have to say the turnaround time for this with it due to open next summer seems pretty tight. In the Netherlands at the moment but having visited Walibi last year I went to Duinrell instead.

Wouldn't be suprised if it was a 'Summer' opening around July (seems to be the preferred month of any Dutch theme park opening something), so a 8/9 month turnaround is probably about right...

The park said back when they first announced it months ago that it would open 1st July 2019. Will be interesting to see if they succeed in getting it done in time.

Anyone have any tips on getting to this park fairly cheaply? Think we will have to fly to Amsterdam from Manchester but anything in terms of getting from Amsterdam to the park and accommodation would be super helpful, thanks! :)

Anyone have any tips on getting to this park fairly cheaply? Think we will have to fly to Amsterdam from Manchester but anything in terms of getting from Amsterdam to the park and accommodation would be super helpful, thanks! :)

How many of you are planning on going and do you drive? We drove over from the UK but car hire would work equally well. Their website does say the park is easily accessible via public transport, but they don't go on to give any further details and I'm afraid I have no idea myself.

:)

How many of you are planning on going and do you drive? We drove over from the UK but car hire would work equally well. Their website does say the park is easily accessible via public transport, but they don't go on to give any further details and I'm afraid I have no idea myself.

Thanks, I do drive but putting young males on driving insurance in a foreign country makes a flight more economical :p

Thanks, I do drive but putting young males on driving insurance in a foreign country makes a flight more economical :p

Ah, driving in the EU is included with my insurace. Although no doubt Brexit will put a stop to that as another way of making travel abroad even more expensive. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm looking into this as well.

Need at least 3 or 4 in the car to make it cheap with petrol/Eurotunnel.

Flights to Amsterdam are regularly £50-100, and then it's a train to Harderwijk. The train takes either 1hr8 or 1hr24 and costs roughly £11 each way. Then there's a shuttle bus to the park.

Not too bad.

Regarding places to stay they have Walibi Village five minutes walk from the park entrance. Stayed in a nice chalet with 2 bedrooms each with 2 single beds each. Bathroom and shower, plus a kitchen area for cooking your own food. They also have the building where you check in that has a bar and a restaurant which was decent enough value and a good standard of food. There's a swimming pool as well.

Walibi Holland have registered the domain name timbertrip.nl - so it seems likely that the RMC may be called 'Timber Trip'.
241018hout2.jpg

The park have confirmed the name will be announced at the last rides event on Sunday which employees, journalists and vloggers have been invited to. So we will soon find out for sure if it really is Timber Trip...

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/110...van-de-nieuwe-achtbaan-in-Walibi-Holland.html

Hmmmm, not sure I'm feeling the name Timber Trip. No doubt it will be a grower like most new coaster names though!