• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

Didn't Python at Efteling also previously use the same seats for a while, before moving to the current Vekoma vests?

Looks may be deceptive in terms of comfort, but they definitely do resemble something you'd expect to see Dr Lector or The Joker strapped into in an asylum!

Hopefully anything will be an improvement on that ride however. It's absolutely appalling.

Interesting, I think such a coaster would fit quite well into the park. I'd imagine that it would be a standard layout. I know those on here who have ridden these coaster types rate them pretty well so it would be good to have one closer to home.

:)

Didn't the park president say about a year ago that they were getting a "unique large coaster" in 2019? Unless they bought a custom model, an S&S Free Spin wouldn't be a "unique large coaster" unless she meant unique to Europe.

I was just reading this BlooLoop article that I found on Screamscape (https://blooloop.com/features/compagnie-des-alpes-investment/), and it says that Walibi Holland is due a large investment in 2020. Something tells me that this could be something a bit more than an S&S 4D Free Spin. I reckon they could get another large Mack coaster. An XTREME Spinning Coaster, maybe? I believe Lost Gravity was actually rumoured to be one of these during development, so it's plausible.

On a side note, they also apparently want to revamp the Holland park to a "festival theme". Not entirely sure whether they mean a carnival-type festival or a Glastonbury-type festival.

The CEO of Walibi Holland has Tweeted this:

Could the next major attraction be in 2019 after all?

Is the guy sat next to her anything to do with a ride manufacturer? Could this give a hint as to who the manufacturer is? Or am I just overthinking it?

Walibi Holland will be RMC'ing Robin Hood for 2019. They announced on their Facebook that the ride will change for 2019. In the comments they revealed it would become a hybrid and in response to someone saying RMC they wrote 'you are on to us!'

That was rather unexpected given how there were rumours of a S&S Free Spin.

EDIT: Now officially confirmed: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/949...n-Hood-door-hypermoderne-houten-achtbaan.html

Robin Hood will close in October for conversion. The new ride will open 1st July 2019.

Last edited:
That's great news, was rather underwhelmed with Robin Hood when I rode it which was a surprise as from offride it looked like a decent layout.

That's great news, was rather underwhelmed with Robin Hood when I rode it which was a surprise as from offride it looked like a decent layout.
It was never as good as Loup Garou but rode much better in the early days.

Good decision I think. Presumably Vekoma are involved, essentially replacing their own ride?

Vekoma are the European/Asian distributors for RMC aren't they? They're linked in some form in any case...

Second time Walibi have decided to add something the year after I plan to visit...

Regrettably I have never been here but I think that will be changing in 2019 now. That's huge news about the RMC and very surprising too. We badly need one in the UK soon.

Regrettably I have never been here but I think that will be changing in 2019 now. That's huge news about the RMC and very surprising too. We badly need one in the UK soon.
We apparently nearly had one in 2017, as well. But I'm not sure that an RMC was ever confirmed for the FV woodie. It could have been a GCI, like Wicker Man.

Anyway, this is great news for the park! Better for them than an S&S Free Spin, and it definitely constitutes unique and large!

So, Walibi Holland have decided to renew their entrance area for 2018 and I'm really not too sure what to think!

280318straat8.jpg

280318straat1.jpg

280318straat9.jpg

280318straat12.jpg

280318straat3.jpg

280318straat14.jpg

Source: Looopings

It is certainly a bold decision. Apparently it is inspired by Candem Town in London.