• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

Missed this but, as reported by Looopings, last month Walibi Holland submitted the planning application for their 2016 coaster:
Looopings said:
The new roller coaster at Walibi Holland, which opens next year, is 32 meters high. This is contained in a planning permission which managed to overtake Looopings. The document also shows that the new ride will cover an area of 51 by 99 meters.
The attraction will be located in Wild Wild West themed area, swinging ship between Hudson Bay and frisbee The Tomahawk. Earlier this month, put down all large notice boards there. The amusement park was the license with the working title "Project 2016" on June 10 in.

For the time being the exact layout of the job secret. Walibi has enforced secrecy to the municipality. Efteling applied the same trick to the construction of dive coaster Baron 1898.

32 meters is exactly the same as wooden coaster Robin Hood and a meter higher than suspended roller coaster Condor. Walibi has two roller coasters that are higher than the new attraction: the more than 35 meters high Speed of Sound and the Goliath of nearly 47 meters. Launch Xpress roller coaster reaches a height of 26 meters.

bouwblok240615.jpg

Good way to stop us from seeing the layout! So we're looking at a height of 105ft, almost as tall as Alpina Blitz and exactly the same height as Storm at Etnaland.

:)

There has been no annoucement but here are a couple of construction photos:

386812d1442687134-2016-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-1dgxieg.jpg

386815d1442687148-2016-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-pd5zorh.jpg

Source

Looks like it will be a compact layout.

Still no news what this coaster is actually going to be but Looopings have a couple of photos of the track which is being painted bright yellow:

061115snap1.jpg

061115snap2.jpg

Looks like the track has the thicker Mack spine like seen on Flash at Lewa Adventure. Hopefully this does point towards some sort of Mack Mega as initally thought, I heard rumours of a spinner over the weekend which would be somewhat of a disappointment.

Sorry for the triple post here! Still no news on what this is actually going to be but lots of track is now on site along with RCS who will erect the coaster:

PicsArt_11-22-07.48.26.jpg

PicsArt_11-22-07.51.11.jpg

Source: themepark.nl

Curiouser and curiouser. So as well as tri-trick with an unusually thick spine (compared to the likes of Blue Fire and Helix) we also have some quad-track (quad it probably for the lift). Could this be an inverting coaster using spinning trains that Mack have tested on Blue Fire? It wouldn't surprise me and would explain a lot.

This is certainly looking a lot more substantial than I ever thought it would. The quad track certainly appears to be for the lift, as it looks to be the same track style as used on both Alpina Blitz and Lightning.

6085f789563a647582deb8e6e9e864ca.jpg

As for the thicker spine on the rest of the track it does suggest to me that we could be seeing something new, such as the spinning train, which would certainly tie together all the rumours about this ride. Other than that I can't see why it would be needed, seeing as the ride is only the same size as Alpina Blitz, which doesn't put excess force on the rails/spine. Unless of course this is just Mack's new standard track for the Mega Coaster?

Lofty over on CoasterForce has spotted this Mack Spinner currently being built in China; it has the same spine in some places as the Mack for Walibi Holland:

395044d1447198043-2016-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-walibi-holland-niederlande-shaox7.jpg

So maybe a standard spinner is still on the cards? The plot thickens again.

It looks as though the park have no begun to push the marketing of this ride a bit further, they are advertising that you follow them on SnapChat via 'walisnaps' to get sneak peaks and new info on the ride. One of the videos they posted has been put on Facebook via Wonder World Web and can be seen below.

Very subliminal looking and probably not suitable for people who suffer from epilepsy. However as can be seen, the lifthill is now being put in place so we should get a better idea of the ride soon.

A further piece of marketing (Also not suitable for those with epilepsy) Is what the park are referring to as 'The Mental Check' A short 3 question online quiz/game which can be found on their website here. Once again very subliminal and I honestly can't see how this will link to the ride... If it does, it's going to be one incredibly odd theme!

So this coaster is now going up and we still have no idea what it's actually going to be! A rarity these days and quite exciting. Here is a photo of what is apparently the first drop:

20151127_132145.jpg

Source: themepark.nl

Looks rather steep with a sharp turn, I'm still thinking that this will have some sort of spinning to it. Love the colour scheme!

Also this is due to open on March 24th 2016.

The park have posted another teaser on SnapChat today, which shows the lift hill has a double catwalk, one set of steps either side of the track. This seems to have prompted discussion that it could potentially feature winged trains? As with everything on this project... We really are clueless!

Here are a few stills from the video showing the wide catwalks and drop:

thumb_kbzm9e.jpg

thumb_9fqs2b.jpg

thumb_23450460415_58dc23efea_b.jpg

The mind really does boggle. With a first drop like that it surely isn't going to be a spinning coaster of sorts? Some sort of winged trains are certainly looking possible.

A few stills from today's video, which featured much clearer imagery.

dcd0bd4d9c698aac39c5f5707ecdac8f.jpg

96977f112bd57e6749e028dcae093d63.jpg

The shots show a nice clear view of the track for the crest of the lift, along with the lift and drop itself! One thing is certain here, that drop may be small, but I think it's going to pack a serious punch!

A few more photos from over on CoasterForce:

thumb_041215crazy3.jpg

tophat.jpg

1.JPG

Hard to tell exactly what that element through the trees is, looks like a heavily overbanked turn to me. Also in the first photo you can see just how sharp the transition on the drop is, certainly suggests single cars or very short trains.

I'm leaning towards some sort of spinner again!

Looopings have some clearer photos of the element seen through the trees:

071215crazy4.jpg

071215crazy3.jpg

071215crazy2.jpg

Looks like a cross between a mini top-hat and an overbanked turn, bizarre!

Walibi's latest snapchat reveals what looks like the name of the coaster:

93EE16FD-7308-452A-A12E-2783A5F995BE_zpsujip7nli.png

Lost Gravity? Hmmmm!

Or Gravity Lost? I can't tell if the sign is upside down as well as the picture!