• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

Well the theming for this certainly looks very random! It's like a mash of The Smiler's, The Swarm's and Sub-Terra's themes!

:)

I want to meet the person who's idea it was for this theme and have some of what they're smoking.

It just reminds me completely of The Smiler, but actually, a very crap version.

The track looks awesome as well, although hard to tell completely from those views (remember how big the track looks from the ground rather than air view!) exactly how it will look on the ground, but, it seems a bit of a mish mash.

And certainly DOES look like the just grabbed some random bits of paper from Merlin Studios and shoved it together.

Oh Mack! Just when we couldn't love you any more the ride cars for Lost Gravity are revealed:

190216lostie.jpg

Soruce: Looopings

No spinning here! Mack's take on Intamin's Skyrush trains. Even more excited for this coaster now!

Not sure how I feel about these trains, I think I would have preferred some sort of spinning train like most people were expecting.

CbljCICUcAIR5NI.jpg:large

(Image: Themepark.nl)

An actual photo of the trains... Very swanky indeed! I like them a lot!

OMG I WANT A GO ON THAT RIDE!!

Those two outer seats on this layout are going to be epic!!

@DiogoJ42 called it!! As soon as he said that it did make sense, it had the Eurofighter look about it and looked WAY too intense for a spinner.

Is that a really reflective front panel as well?

10 years time, Mack will be on a par, but creating different rides, to B&M.

Such a welcome addition to coaster manufacturing as a big player.

Brilliant Mack, bloody brilliant...

Now... is this something more like what BPB may have up their sleeve?

I have never ridden a modern Mack coaster, but now I would literally tour Europe PURELY to do that.

Mack have confirmed on Facebook that this is a new product in their range called BigDipper.

I'm glad they didn't go with the spinning cars, because these trains look mental!

So here we see Mack trying to eat up Gerstlauer after giving Intamin a run for the money with their launch coaster models :D
Absolutely. It'll be ironic if this model goes on to take a big chunk out of Gerstlauer's hold on the small park thrill coaster market, as I'm pretty sure the Eurofighter is why Vekoma probably haven't built a thrill coaster for Europe in at least a decade!

I'm slightly relieved that this isn't a spinning coaster, as it would've been totally nuts. I'm not expecting this car design to be perfect, as the 2-across mega coasters do sometimes have some vibration (Alpina Blitz in 2014 particularly) and that doesn't necessarily give me confidence in a 4-across design. It should still however be an improvement on the extraordinarily variable in ride quality Gerstlauer Eurofighter and Infinity though.