• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Holland: General Discussion

The TowersStreet Official Meet takes place in August and will be visiting this park!

Check it out here!

And just like that, we have what is pretty much now a 100% spinning coaster... With a Zero G Roll! This really is set to be a fantastic little coaster!

2692e86dd2bbf1c3b7bfbffe0ea1aca0.jpg

6f8ddb6d974e32a7202dd8bf86d9f1fd.jpg
(Image: Loopings)

Crazy transitions and manoeuvres, if it really is a spinner I honestly can't imagine what some of these sensations are going to feel like!

Bloody hell if this spins it is going to be mental! Of course it could be standard non-spinning single cars which with this layout I hope it is. Regardless it looks like a potential great coaster option for smaller parks.

:)

The track is complete and the ride is set to open on March 24th!

3a346d27491487ce63f2a3bb03a61fcd.jpg
(Image: Walibi Holland)

So in theory we should see trains and testing fairly soon!

Had to do a double take there and wonder what France and Belgium have to do with anything? Hanging flags sideways gets confusing when so many flags are just another flag turned 90'. Surely that must have led to some "friendly fire" problems in days gone by...? :p (Oddly enough, I was watching a vid about this just the other day.)

Aaaaanyway, it occurred to me that if this doesn't have spinning cars, maybe this is Mack's answer to the Eurofighter?

So it would appear that Lost Gravity is actually deceptively large! That track really is massive. Certainly suggests a lot of force going off.

1d20f459144305a417b61b80f675659f.jpg
(Image: Walibi Hollabd)

And a shot of the completed layout, with the zero g!

5b927f20a2edad4635f0d572119ee2d8.jpg
(Image: ThemeParks.nl)

Actually I am with @DiogoJ42 on this one.

When you see the size of the track next to the people, and some of those turns/inversions, especially into what I assume is the MCBR, then I am more minded of this being Eurofighter style.

They're popular, capable of incredible layouts in tight spots, and that makes more sense than a spinner - if this IS a spinner, it looks absolute bat-crap crazy.

Mack are becoming formidable.

Only really B&M (for now) are safe from their developments.

When you become more interested in flags than the actual coaster cheers Diogo

Mind Blown!

I had no idea the track was that thick, it does however explain some of the seriously tight looking curves (taking scale into consideration they aren't as tight as they look).

Currently I'm still thinking spinning cars but now I'm picturing trains that look like mini-Disco-Coasters, perhaps seating around 12 people facing outwards?

Very curious to find out...

It's quite amazing really, the track is complete yet we still don't have a clue what this coaster is going to be and how it might ride. Early rumours were spinning so that is what I am expecting (especially after the Blue Fire tests) but I am hoping for forward facing cars.

I worry that spinning cars could lead to it being uncomfortable and possibly nauseating - it looks like the layout has some somewhat violent elements. Plus I think it will ride amazingly well with fixed forward facing seats!

I worry that spinning cars could lead to it being uncomfortable and possibly nauseating - it looks like the layout has some somewhat violent elements. Plus I think it will ride amazingly well with fixed forward facing seats!

I am still digging @DiogoJ42's idea of Eurofighter style.

Though if Mack somehow control the spin of the cars the spin could be awesome, but freespinning??!?!?!?!1111/?!?1//!?1/!

No ta.

So we don't even knowing everything about Lost Gravity yet, but Walibi Holland are already announcing planned future investment including a major new coaster in 2019 with a bigger budget than Lost Gravity. Info from Looopings:
Looopings said:
Walibi Holland is not sitting still after the arrival of the new roller coaster Lost Gravity year. In 2019 the theme park re-opens a large new rollercoaster. That promises director Mascha van Till in an interview.

She would not reveal details yet. However, Van Till says that the budget will be higher than at Lost Gravity , which next month will be put into service. "It will again be something totally different, we're always looking for things you can not find in another park.."

Walibi also get in 2017, a new attraction at. The working title is 'Brain Trip', the boss revealed on BNR News Radio. "It is a project of a different caliber. You are about to experience something." There are certainly no virtual reality goggles to pass. According to the director Walibi looks to develop new attractions rather not off to colleagues parks. Till late prefers inspired by different companies. "What are leading companies in the theater world? What do you see in stores

A lot can change between now and 2019 but interesting none the less!