• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walt Disney Documentary

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
A two part documentary is showing on BBC about the life of Walt Disney. Part 1 aired tonight and can be watched on the iPlayer, part 2 will air next Saturday evening.

It's very interesting and contains some brilliant old footage and photos! I think (although I may be wrong) that is uses clips and interviews from the huge 4 hour American Experience documentary on Walt that aired in the USA last year but has never been available to view online or in the UK. The BBC have then put together their condensed version of it with British narration.

Well worth a watch though.

:)

I found it very interesting. Some great photos and footage and it gives a great 'real life' insight into his life story as opposed to the one you'd normally (and understandably) hear told by the Walt Disney company.

Whilst I have already seen the American Experience documentary and read a fair few biographies about Walt and the company, I'm still annoyed at myself for forgetting this was on!

I'm not a mad Disney fan, but this was just a really good watch on its own as a documentary in general. If you're really into all things Disney I'm sure you'll love it. Looking forward to part 2 :)

Whilst I have already seen the American Experience documentary and read a fair few biographies about Walt and the company, I'm still annoyed at myself for forgetting this was on!

Out of interest, where did you manage to watch the American Experience documentary? I know it is available to buy as a region 1 DVD but I can't find it available online anywhere (apart from a dodgy YouTube upload at weird speeds)!

Out of interest, where did you manage to watch the American Experience documentary? I know it is available to buy as a region 1 DVD but I can't find it available online anywhere (apart from a dodgy YouTube upload at weird speeds)!

I managed to watch it via an American friend's help, I'm unable to disclose anything further though!

I've got it Rob. I'll send you a message :)