• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walygator : Past and Future

So I said previously about Monster getting a station building for next year, well here is the concept art from the theming company:

thumb_12190077_568126486676185_5272376009146728421_n.jpg

It will be recieving a pirate theme and become part of the park's new for 2016 pirate area; track is rumoured to be painted light brown.

Anaconda will also form part of the new pirate area. Here's a couple more cocepts for some theming:

thumb_12196264_1063656643673792_8673771393375609765_n.jpg

thumb_12189495_568148203340680_1238103924715649181_o.jpg

The park is certainly being improved. Now all they need is a customer service department.

:)

I have just seen that the theming company responsible for producing the above mentioned theming (as well as the theming for Parc Asterix' new 2016 rides) are in financial trouble and there is a chance that these additions could be delayed or cancelled. Would be a shame if so.

:)

Well this seems to have slipped under the radar, unless I've missed something earlier in the topic.

It appears that the owners who took on the park a couple of years back have now sold it on again.

The park is now a part of Aspro, as indicated on their website, and various other sources (RCDB, Wikipedia, etc.).

I'm really not sure what to make of this news...

On the one hand, the consensus seems to be that Aspro have ran Oakwood into the ground recently, and despite not having visited Oakwood yet, I have been to Walygator, and imagine them to both be in a similar category.

However, that said, I would imagine a group like Aspro can provide a little more financial stability, even if there isn't major investment in new hardware.

I visited last year, purely by chance as we were driving to Europa, and whilst the park still needs a fair bit of work, the areas which had seen investment were certainly to a good standard. The rapids with its dinosaur theme, and the accompanying area were both very well done indeed. You could tell someone was really trying.

Coaster wise, I'd say the park is in a fairly good place, no doubt entirely owed to Monster. It's filling the gaps and upgrading what they have which will be the key to moving forward I expect.

Monster already showed that the park isn't really able to rely on a single major investment to boost it's fortunes, and I get the impression that the park probably has quite a reputation which it will need to shake.

The key, I think, will be continuing the refurbishment of existing attractions, and generally improving the environment for visitors, something which the last owners seemed to understand. Whether Aspro will share that view, we'll have to wait and see...

They may as well just save time and start bulldozing the place now.
Aspro: The only park operator who make Merlin look good.

:cry: