• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walygator : Past and Future

Can you imagine the reaction from the Daily Mail/UKIP brigade though if UK parks stated offering their website in different languages?

Seriously well done to Walygator though, such a very impressive transformation.

Looks very Tron-esque! Could be an interesting one to watch thanks to the new management :)

It is not going to be a Star Flyer.
Just saw a interview from a member of the parc direction, and this is what she says:
- The news will be announced in december.
- It is going to be something unique in Europe
- It will have a force of nearly 4Gs

Apparently the park doesnt really want to work with Huss, surely due to having many problems with their Topple Tower.

Here is a quote from M.Parent, part of the parc direction. (Source coastersworld.fr)
Pourquoi pas du Mack, Soquet, Zamperla…et du Huss, je ne pense pas (rires). Effectivement je parle beaucoup de Soquet car ayant travaillé avec eux, je sais ce que cette entreprise française sait faire. Il y a aussi concept 1900 où nous avons acheté le carrousel.
En France il y a le potentiel de fabricants, le tout est de leur donner une idée. On ne choisit pas forcément dans un catalogue. Il faut leur dire je veux telle machine, qu'elle fasse ça et qu'elle soit comme ça : donner tout simplement nos besoins, notre cahier des charges.

So why not Mack, Soquet or Zamperla, but Huss certainly not.
They want to work with french manufacturers, not sure if this is a good thing! :p

They are looking for something reliable, so I bet it won't be soquet.
But M.Parent was at the head at Bagatelle parc, and he knows soquet very well.

Aaaaaaaaand my expectations have fallen through the floor...

Please not a Souqet. I'm all for national pride, and supporting a native business, but there's no denying they're pretty dire :p

I thought the French had gotten over their obsession with using local companies? The Japanese learnt that lesson the hard way...

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Screamscape said:
Park News - (10/22/13) While there is no official word from the park, Screamscape sources claim that the financially troubled Walygator Parc in France might face some difficulty reopening for the 2014 season next year. I’ve heard reports that a few rides in the park have been sold off (Polyp and Twister) to new owners a leased ferris wheel has been returned to the owner. The park is doing good business for the Halloween season at the moment however, so the park may be saved after all if they can find stable financial footing.

Worrying! Yeah, I wouldn't hold out much expectation for that new ride...

But then again...

Screamscape said:
2014 - New Attraction - Rumor - (10/23/13) Is Walygator doing better than we had heard? According to this article published on Oct. 5th, Walygator was on track to hit their end-season target attendance of 380,000 guests after already bringing in 350,000 of them between June and August 2013.
They article also claims that the park will invest in a new unique attraction in 2014 that promises to feature 4G’s of acceleration, and to be built near the Dark Tower ride. Other projects in the works for 2014 are possible new shows and a new Caribbean themed area.

Things are looking up, I guess. 4G is quite a lot, definitely not a starflyer.

4G's of acceleration

Is it me, or does that imply a launch? {please not Intamin!}

Either that, or a flat ride along the lines of a KMG XLR8 (which is awesome, by the way), but I think height was mentioned earlier.

Photo of the construction site which looks... big!

vFqiFVw.jpg

It's gotta be a flat of some kind right?

I need to visit this park, perfect half way point between Calais and Europa as well.

Does it have any decent hotels near by?

Ian

The park is only a few minutes drive from Metz, where you can find many hotels. :)

And here it is! The 2014 News for Walygator Parc is :

BexC7RGCIAAckRP.jpg

A Zamperla Air Race.

So the same as what Drayton Manor gets for this year. :)
Not a coaster, but I think it will be a good ride for this park

Oh good. At least I am not missing out on anything unique, as this isn't opening till mid season, am I right?

:)