• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wanda City Theme Park - Xinjian, Nanchang China

Sammy

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Untamed - Walibi Holland
Following some apparent confusion over the location of the giant GCI wooden coaster, Viper I've looked into it a bit more and the ride is actually being built in Wanda City Theme Park in Nanchang. So whilst it is being built in a Wanda group park, it isn't the one with the B&M Flyer and Intamin Water Coaster.

So lets start with something familiar, here's the POV of Viper the GCI woodie. I know we've all said it before, but it really is an absolute speed daemon with some fantastic nippy transitions and real height!

A bit of background behind the park, it is due to open later on this year and is actually a complete rebuild of an old pre-existing park on the site called, Treasure Gourd Farm (translation from Chinese). The park operated for a relatively short 5 years between 2009 and 2014, before Wanda decided to completely rebuild it pretty much from the ground up. All old attractions were removed including both coasters, a spinning mouse and a Chinese looping coaster, all that now remains is the giant observation wheel shown below in a construction photo from late 2014.

wanda1.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of TPR)

So what else does the 'new' Wanda City Nanchang have in store alone side Viper?

1405476335724_000.jpg

(Photo: TPR)

This concept art map for the park shows several coasters and other attractions (Including an Intamin Gyro Drop) spread across what looks to be 3/4 park areas along with a large entrance plaza, with a large shopping centre to the right of it. The below overhead image shows the park as it looked back in October 2015, it also looks like it will feature a flume ride of sorts right in the centre/right of the park.

905733_1483485995290127_4071693340138805504_o.jpg

The main focus though is undoubtedly the coasters, so alongside Viper sitting in the top left of the map the top right of the map has... Oh joy a Chinese knock off SLC called, Soaring Dragon & Dancing Phoenix (Named after the rides two trains)! Though that said, the layout doesn't look all that bad, 5 inversions including a pair of interlocking corkscrews.

wandainvert2.jpg

(Image: TPR)

With the park opening later this year, this ride is obviously now onsite and complete and testing.

fb_img_1446652627719.jpg

And below an overview of the layout posted today on Facebook by VHCoasters, it really doesn't look all that bad for a Chinese knock off!

1914943_1500434056928654_246740319273319049_n.jpg

On a slightly more exciting note, the bottom left brings us an Intamin Mega Coaster (Havoc In Heaven Palace) with a height of around 250ft and a rather unusual layout.

thumb_wandaintamin2.jpg

Here's how it looked back in June 2015

Wand4.jpg

And here is how it looks now...

nanwan7.jpg

wrzv4p.jpg

(Images: TPR)

That really is one hell of a drop and with that pre-drop and turn will likely feature a lot a airtime! The rest of the layout is really pretty low by comparison and should be pretty thrilling, below is an enthusiast made recreation of the ride.

It looks rather fast paced and fun, though not the usual Intamin style, elements seem a lot more drawn out. Obviously it is only fan made, but all images do seem to show a much more drawn out style.

Finally below is an overview of the park from November showing the Intamin Mega and Gyro Drop plus Viper and other rides. RCDB also lists an unknow wild mouse and a possible Vekoma Roller Skater.

thumb_nanwan3.jpg

It really does look like one pretty decent park, will be interesting to see how it all goes once open later this year. What are peoples thoughts and opinions on Vipers 'new' location? ;)

You know... I've always wondered how those Chinese knock-off SLCs ride. Surely they can't be any worse than the originals?

You know... I've always wondered how those Chinese knock-off SLCs ride. Surely they can't be any worse than the originals?

Something like this:
jD5fXqT.png

mZ3KPsx.png

Apparently this is how Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing co., ltd gets around the issues they had with valleying in the immelmann.

Just looking at that picture is laughable, beyond belief. Thankfully, it would appear the Chinese knock offs have come on quite a bit since then as the picture below shows.

c5a390bbe522b6d6099fd9d679f97508.jpg

(Image: VHCoasters)

That profiling is much much better... Dare I say it, it looks better than some of Vekoma's ;)

That really is quite a head chopper on the Intamin! That's going to be some what terrifying.

12510271_935157133228640_3010464490699510616_n.jpg

(Image: VHCoasters)

Another bump for this topic, apologies. However some new video footage has emerged, although it's not the best quality, it really does show the scale of this entire project! It's absolutely HUGE!

Footage found via 'VHCoasters' can be seen here!

Ladies and Gentlemen... China!

BUMP!

Here is a POV of the Intamin Mega Coaster:

Looks pretty good, dare I say it's got a bit of a B&M feel to it with some of the drawn out hills and the speed it takes them at. Apparently it is full of floater airtime.

Also that lift is rather slow by Intamin standards! :p

:)

Day-m, that's pretty fast looking. Couple of nice headchoppers, especially the first one. :D

When are we going?

I really like that! I like the drop, which is something you don't usually see on these types of Intamin coasters.