• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

War of the World's Interactive experience.

Several years ago, I wrote on these forums that Charlie could be rethemed to a ride based upon Jeff Wayne's musical version of The Great HG Well's War of the World's.

Don't know if someone was reading it but...

I'm a huge fan of the Jeff Wayne musical version and it sounds brilliant, and absolutely dripping with atmosphere, but up to 90 quid!

Anyway, just waiting for my royalties...

If only I could afford it.

PS, I'm not greedy. Just send me enough to pay of the remainder of my mortgage...

Up to 130 quid!!!!!?. Jesus!

Been open a while, so don't know how I never came across it before.

The music, sets, costumes and affects look brilliant, but VR? I hated it on DBGT, but then I thought the whole implementation was very poor.

Has anyone done this? Is it a truly great experience or a DBGT type let down?

Or is everyone like me and too tight to pay that much? (Card carrying Yorkshire Man).

Won't appeal to tykes at those prices...
Fluid pricing, down to the ten minute time slot...
Want 3:50, that will be £40 standard.
4:00 that will be an extra tenner.
Yet 4:10, back down to £40...work that one out!

Couldn't resist reposting my joke from Jan 2020

"Imagine Jeff Waynes's War of the Worlds dark ride in the Wobble World Building"

"Richard Burton - No. One would have believed". Ride ends".

I know... I'm not as funny as I think I am. Limps of stage to boos!

Sorry!

It has a very good reputation around these parts, apparently very much worth the significant price. I've meant to go a couple of times but its fallen through for one reason or another, will have to get to it soon.

Was always a huge fan of the original novel and Jeff Wayne's musical version.

I feel that Jeff was the only one who understand Well's work and gave it the love and respect it deserves.

For my money, the 1950s movie was the best version, but just OK, the Spielberg / Cruise version was terrible and the BBC version was even worse.

I think the Jeff Wayne interpretation is the one that Wells himself would appreciate.

Jeff Wayne's musical version expertly moves between the fear and despair, the agony of defeat, the ecstacy of fleeting victory and the dashed hopes of failure and pending genocide.

I always thought it would make an incredible dark ride, but interactive experience could be good too. (though I remain skeptical about VR).

I intend to do this when I win the lottery and post my review here. Fingers crossed.

I actually did this a few weeks back whilst in London.

It was a really good experience, the day before I did the Gunpowder plot (same company apparently) which I thought was really good, however the war of the worlds was even better.

It had a good mixture of VR and real life moment, a friend had done it previously and said it originally had more VR, but during covid they changed it and has more physical sets.

It’s a bit dungeon style, but not so cringey and they don’t pick on people to take the Micky. I enjoyed that some of the actors you actually saw a few times during your trip through it and it lasted a couple of hours, with a bar half way through.

The set pieces and quality looked very good, and I would definitely recommend visiting.

(I didn’t actually pay for it, as for a freebie cause of a friend so can’t comment on the price however)

Bit late to this thread but remember how I keep saying bring the steampunk Port Discovery theme to TWODW or this new area for project horizon?

We have a steampunk attraction to add to the Dungeons building in the form of this WOTW experience, and yes the Jeff Wayne version is my favourite and I have seen it live back in 2009. :)