• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Watched anything good lately?

Bates Motel. Just watched every episode. Always loved the Psycho movies and completely forgot about this series. All series, 1 - 5 on I player. Loved it. Actually quite emotional in the last 2 seasons.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Has anyone recommended The Irregulars on Netflix? Only four episodes in so far but I’m loving it. Mixes some of my favourite concepts - Sherlock Holmes, alternative directions, supernatural happenings. All good

For those who love the TV guessing game shows

On BBC1 ...

...."This Is My House" (each week you have to try and guess who house it belongs to)
..."I Can See Your Voice" (you have to separate the good singers from the bad)

On ITV...

..."Games Of Talents" (you have to guess their talent, the clues can be quiet easy at times but easily missed)

As with most guessing games, sometimes looks can be deceiving and the reveal can be surprising. They also tend to tease you with the reveal, especially when they give the impression just before the reveal that they are going to be something different.

There has been quiet a few episodes already aired, but you can catch up on them on the BBCiplayer and ITV Hub

I saw half an episode of I can see your voice and think it was just about the worst thing I've ever watched. Just atrocious.

I've been binging Superstore on Netflix which somehow passed me by for 5 series, a mostly excellent easy going comedy.

After a few friends recommended it I've been watching 'For All Mankind' (Apple TV) there's 2 seasons so far (20 episodes). Basically it's an alternative history based around the idea of the Space Race between USA and Russia not ending and continuing at a pace instead of how it considerably slowed after Apollo 17. And how this would effect the wider world.
Been enjoying it, especially as someone with an interest in the space race. The first season especially as the majority of the characters are real life figures.

I've just finished a re-watch of Lost which is available on Disney Plus. This show is actually getting a bit old now as it originally aired for 6 seasons from 2004 - 2010. But it holds up really well and is right up there as one of my favourite shows of all time. For anyone unfamiliar it's about a group of people that end up on a mysterious island following the crash of Oceanic flight 815. It initially appears to be a story of survival on an uninhabited island, but it turns out they are not alone. Full of twists and turns and held together with a great cast and characters, and at times very emotional. Highly recommended.

Halfway through Mare Of Easttown at the moment and it's been excellent so far. Kate Winslet plays the title character (Mare) a police detective dealing with the disappearance of a young woman whilst her own private life collapses around her.

Thought Mare of Easttown was pretty good, a little formulaic - unlike some of the all-time classics I don't think it had anything particularly to say - but the writing bats above average and Kate Winslet really is superb.

I enjoyed Mare of Easttown a lot too, the murder was interesting but it was the relationships between the small town inhabitants and Mare that was fascinating.

Time on BBC was great, the first episode was a difficult watch but it was an interesting take on the merits and issues with prison. Only three one hour episodes.

We've finished all of superstore that was on Netflix, but I'm not sure if series 6 is as good. Starting to get into Arrested Development now. But the Golden Girls is coming to Disney+ next month so theres something "new" to watch!

Haven't found a great new drama to watch right now, but Sweet Tooth on Netflix is fine.

Quite enjoyed Clarkson's Farm recently after concluding the series. I thought I'd only get through one episode before giving up on over-scripted nonsense (looking at that complete washout of a show that Richard Hammond did on an island), but there's a nice balance of stupidity mixed with genuinely interesting facts and showing how hard our farmers have it.

The 2nd season of Ted Lasso started on Apple TV yesterday, the 1st season was excellent and episode 1 certainly kept up the high quality.

Up the Greyhounds!

Masters Of The Universe: Revelation

Part 1 which is 5 episodes is on Netflix now, have to say I went into it due to the nostalgia factor of watching the original series (and the Dolph Lungdren film).

Thought it was a lot of fun and a really interesting story, can't wait for part 2.

Last edited: