• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Epcot: General Discussion

In any event the next time we return to Florida will be for Epic Universe and have no ambition to step foot back into an Orlando Disney park and I'm one of their biggest fanboys!

Same. Disney are slowly losing their iron grip of the Orlando market and it’s a result of their underinvestment (and prices) and Universal’s willingness to do exactly the opposite

Reactions: Ils
They’ve allowed their parks to stagnate to such an extent that one large new attraction per year is just not enough. Future World for example has been broken for more than a decade and the last addition of note was a Test Track retheme.

Given the size, scope and pricing of the resort, an average of one new attraction every four years is just not enough. Most of those new additions have in fact gone to Hollywood Studios, but that only followed massive swathes of the park being shuttered for years.

Magic Kingdom has had no significant attraction added for a decade - it’s the world’s most well attended theme park and they’ve added nothing.

I don't think Magic Kingdom needs a lot more, there was a propsal for a new theate behind Main Street which makes senses as that park is short on shows. But it attracts guests anyway so doesn't need a lot of new.

But the other three WDW still need a lot more additions. At least one new thing per year at WDW is still needed across those parks. Once the current Epcot update is done they need to look at Dinoland in Animal Kingdom

Same. Disney are slowly losing their iron grip of the Orlando market and it’s a result of their underinvestment (and prices) and Universal’s willingness to do exactly the opposite

Although despite Disneys high prices their attendance doesn't seem to be slowing. They will reach a point where the repeat customers stop going back but for now I think they would rather have fewer guests paying a higher entry price anyway. Disney see their parks as a premium product.

Bump!

Full ride and queue POV of Cosmic Rewind! :smiley:

Looks really good, and the preshow is really clever... 🤐

In a move being described (by me) as "potentially problematic", Disney have announced that when the ride first opens there will not be a conventional queue [source: every WDW fan site]. Riders will have a choice of joining a virtual queue (similar to the system first used on Rise of the Resistance) or paying for "lightning lane" access. In the period following ROTR opening, the virtual queue became a complete lottery with the entire allocation distributed almost immediately each day. It'll be interesting to see what impact lightning lane will have this time round.

I'm not the biggest fan of paid fastrack system at the best of times but at least on most rides you always have the option of joining the main queue, regardless of how long it is. In this case they've set up a situation where guests will be told that they cannot ride unless they pay $20 (or whatever). Seems like a sure-fire way to annoy a whole chunk of people to me.

Also the paid lightening lines run out very quickly for Rise of the Risistance and flight of passage they run out for the day within minutes of becoming available at 7am. That is also only for onsite guests as offsite cannot get the paid for lightening lines until park open. Some extra do open up through the day sometimes but are very few and have to be lucky you refresh the app as a slot becomes available.

The one right you have in a theme park is to join an endless queue. They self-regulate. Disney’s continued implementation of such a system is symptomatic of where they’re headed generally with their parks.

I see the Epcot central spine re-do has also been value engineered and released rather cynically during the commotion surrounding the new ride we’ve all been waiting around half a decade to open.

Would've thought they'd have had a regular line just on opening day to try and break the ridiculous 10 hour queueline that Hagrids had.

Would've thought they'd have had a regular line just on opening day to try and break the ridiculous 10 hour queueline that Hagrids had.

Chapek made fun of the Hagrid’s line and said that would never happen at Disney. The solution seems to be to remove your right to queue.

I think it’s more to do with not letting guests down as it’s still in its preview/testing stages and to they happy it’s working with minimum downtime then the virtual queue will stay in place. Like it has on Disney’s last 2 big attractions.

I think I’d still be let down if I didn’t win the inevitable lottery of the virtual queue allocation. There used to be a time when Disney would build rides with sufficient capacity and keep the parks open for people to enjoy them.

Within the rides opening weeks/months it just seems like something that gives more advantage to locals and/or passholders. Wheras the family on a trip of a lifetime may have only budgeted their time for a day or two at EPCOT and now become unable to get on the brand new ride during their trip.

I think I’d still be let down if I didn’t win the inevitable lottery of the virtual queue allocation. There used to be a time when Disney would build rides with sufficient capacity and keep the parks open for people to enjoy them.

To be fair though the capacity of this coaster is reportedly very high, it’s has a duel station and large number of trains that can operate on the system. Also Epcot is operating its hrs very similar to how they have done for the last 20 years with the park open until 9pm and 10pm most fri and sat. Plus they have been bringing forward opening until 8.30am during busy periods recently.

I would rather it had a normal queue and hope it does by august. Although I am staying onsite in aug atleast I have a chance of getting a Lightening Lane so can still get to ride it.

Does anybody know what the future holds for the Wonders of Life pavilion? Will it be repurposed by these new set of plans from Bob Chapek, or will remain an abandoned time capsuel of Epcots past?

Does anybody know what the future holds for the Wonders of Life pavilion? Will it be repurposed by these new set of plans from Bob Chapek, or will remain an abandoned time capsuel of Epcots past?
The current park map newly updated for GotG still shows “future home of Play!”.

(also due to use as th food and wine festival centre it’s been significantly gutted, it’s not a time capsule of Wonders of Life, just of festivals).

The current park map newly updated for GotG still shows “future home of Play!”.

(also due to use as th food and wine festival centre it’s been significantly gutted, it’s not a time capsule of Wonders of Life, just of festivals).
Such a shame to hear. That Pavilion really had the potential to be something brilliant if Metlife didn't pull out their sponsor for it :(

Don't most people ONLY go to Epcot anymore just for the food and wine festivals? It's sad on what the Park has became over the last decade.

Last edited:
Remember the Mary Poppins street and ride that was announced for the UK pavilion that was then quietly dropped in the aftermath of covid?

Full details were never released, but many were expecting some form of big style Disney dark ride.

Turns out it was planned to be an indoor teacup ride themed to a scene from the sequel film as opposed to the original.

Can’t say I am particularly fussed they ditched this now.

From: https://twitter.com/dsnynewscast/status/1638388320286699520?s=46&t=zG_i8R9vX93ZZU0RljfzWA