WDW Epcot: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by BigAl, 12th Nov 2012.

1. Plastic Person

Plastic Person TowersStreet Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it soft opened midsummer.

2. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I think it is basically ready to open, but due to the attendance cap due to covid they don't want the rush of guests coming for a new ride. October allows the the covid situation to (hopefully) improve and also allows it to be part of the 50th anniversary marketing. But yes there may be some unannounced openings in the summer.

3. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Despite being a big Disney fan and also a fan of the movie.....I wasn't blown away by Ratatouille at DLP like so many people are. I found the video quality to be rather poor and the ride just doesn't flow that nicely in my opinion.

I hope they have tweaked it a bit for this newer version.

4. Ils

Ils TowersStreet Member

I'm in complete agreement with you. I felt for the immersive area it sits within, it was not as good as I was expecting. I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable but just not blown away.

To be honest it's a good fit for Epcot and the French Pavillion and the overall strategy from Chapek and the board to introduce more Disney to the park without totally destroying what Epcot's true purpose was. However, the size of those Harmonious night time parade barges are just an eye sore even when their likely to turn into daytime fountains.

Benjsh likes this.
  5. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

6. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

If that was Towers they'd leave it there and market it.