• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Epcot: General Discussion

Nobodies perfect...
I am a foodie and do like the occasional tipple but thought that Springs is a better retail venue and Animal Kingdom (Satuli Canteen and Flame Tree Bbq were amazing!) has far better food so.... Meh? I liked future world and Frozen Ever After but world showcase just didn't do it for me except for Le Cava Del Tequila where I had an awsome Margarita.

I don't get the concept of paying to get in to a park where the primary form of entertainment is spending more money. If we were doing Epcot on Disney Dining Plan or were not trying to be a bit budget conscious it may have been more enjoyable.

It’s each to their own really. I find it to be one of the more relaxing parks at Disney World. I like people watching whilst stuffing my face and killing my liver.

We always go Epcot on our 1st day and end up there on our last full day. We Love seeing spaceship Earth and it’s always the 1st ride of the holiday. We stay around Future World to lunch time then go and have lunch in the land at the Sunshine seasons. Then have a slow walk around world Showcase looking round the shops, watching the live entertainment. Half way round we have a rest with a drink in America and watch the Voices of Liberty and my favourite Disney world show the American adventure (love how this show has been put together) then we continue round world Showcase and go on the boat ride in Mexico then before we watch the fireworks go and eat dinner in the quick service restaurant in China (yum yum Orange Chicken).

See if there is one thing I like about Florida is everyone you meet has a different favourite, from Magic Kingdom to Universal to Busch it caters for every taste really. Only park I have never heard even slightly lauded over is Lego Land (I wonder why)

See if there is one thing I like about Florida is everyone you meet has a different favourite, from Magic Kingdom to Universal to Busch it caters for every taste really. Only park I have never heard even slightly lauded over is Lego Land (I wonder why)

Absolutely agree. Great selection of parks out there and everyone has a diferent opinion--whether you like Animals, Films, Disney, Food, Culture there realy is something for everything including people who don't enjoy rides. My personal favourites were AK and SeaWorld but others may find those their least favourites.

I definitely agree that Florida has an incredibly well-rounded theme park selection; from my visits over the years, my favourite has to be Islands of Adventure, closely followed by Universal Studios Florida!

I think Epcot is perhaps the best example of a park that benefits from you slowing down and smelling the roses. It is undoubtedly dated in places and lacks in its C-D ticket ride offering, however there are some great hidden gems.

Wandering through the back half of Morocco, listening to the British Invasion or supping a Radeberger in Germany are, for some slightly intangible reason, some of the best times you can have in a theme park.

Epcot was our least favourite park when we first visited, after spending a total of 3 months in WDW, it’s now our favourite.

I liked Epcot a lot because it has a very relaxed vibe, and I didn't even eat or drink anything besides what my parents bought in with us! I just really liked Epcot's whole atmosphere, especially in the World Showcase section; it was definitely one of the biggest surprises of my April 2019 Florida trip!

Bump.

Did someone say GotG trains?

123562261_10158587792867713_4671093683695979834_n.jpg

The barges for the new Epcot nighttime show are causing a bit of a stir. They certainly don’t do much for the sight lines across the world showcase lake.

Unlike the Illuminations barges these won’t be removed each night/day. They will be in place permanently.

Last edited:
Once complete they will be constantly running fountains on each structure during the day, designed to hide the structures. Although won't stop the view being so blocked. I understand there will also bd day time fountain shows running at various times throughout the day as well.

Overall though I am really looking forward to the seeing the new show, when hopefully go in 2022, illuminations was one of my fav night time shows, however it was time for something new and this looks to be on an epic scale.

Although didn't really bother me it doesn't look as bad as World of Colour during the day as on most of the visits I have made the California adventure the platform has been raised during the day which make for an awful eyesight across the lagoon.

Once complete they will be constantly running fountains on each structure during the day, designed to hide the structures. Although won't stop the view being so blocked. I understand there will also bd day time fountain shows running at various times throughout the day as well.

Fair point, here is the concept art for the fountains in the day time.

SNB2hNm.jpg

I’m not sure if this is an improvement over the original look of being able to see across the lagoon though. But I guess as with all of these things we won’t know until it’s finished and in action. :)

Epcot is just rubbish isn't it.

On my first visit back in 2007 i wasn't overly impressed, but I now really enjoy Epcot and past the point of going to parks and trying to go on as many rides as possible . Its not my fav Disney park in Orlando (that's Animal Kingdom), but I enjoy spending time in the park and find it more relaxing park day than some of the other parks. Often go mid to late afternoon and spend the the rest of the afternoon and evening in the park, we don't go and spend all day in the park. Looking forward to all the updates and changes which I my view we well overdue as future world had become dated. Shame Covid has slowed down some of the makeover but it it should continue over the next 10 years.

It will look better once the fountains are operational, but yeah, far from ideal.

lthough didn't really bother me it doesn't look as bad as World of Colour during the day as on most of the visits I have made the California adventure the platform has been raised during the day which make for an awful eyesight across the lagoon.

That is a pity. Thankfully this was not the case when I visited in 2019! I know that they did have a long term repair job with the World of Colour fountain system which meant it was raised for quite some time.

Ratatouille will be opening later this year on 1st October, the 50th anniversary date of WDW.

158854482_1185310818556175_1198877552992149442_o.jpg

Ratatouille will be opening later this year on 1st October, the 50th anniversary date of WDW.

158854482_1185310818556175_1198877552992149442_o.jpg
Do you think the date was chosen specifically to coincide with WDW’s 50th anniversary, or is that just a coincidence?

I think they would have rather it opened earlier, but given the parks are still limited capacity, it makes sense to open it later. On that basis, they've probably decided to coincide it with that date to a) make it feel more special, but also b) allow them to open it when the parks can accommodate more guests again, yet still have plenty of time to get some soft opening and testing underway prior.

Do you think the date was chosen specifically to coincide with WDW’s 50th anniversary, or is that just a coincidence?
They have picked the 50th date to ensure an even spread of crowd on that day. Most guests are going to want to be at MK , so what better way to ensure better crowd management then to launch the only new ride opening this year in the park that can absorb the largest number of guests.