WDW Epcot: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by BigAl, 12th Nov 2012.

1. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

I am a foodie and do like the occasional tipple but thought that Springs is a better retail venue and Animal Kingdom (Satuli Canteen and Flame Tree Bbq were amazing!) has far better food so.... Meh? I liked future world and Frozen Ever After but world showcase just didn't do it for me except for Le Cava Del Tequila where I had an awsome Margarita.

I don't get the concept of paying to get in to a park where the primary form of entertainment is spending more money. If we were doing Epcot on Disney Dining Plan or were not trying to be a bit budget conscious it may have been more enjoyable.

2. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

It’s each to their own really. I find it to be one of the more relaxing parks at Disney World. I like people watching whilst stuffing my face and killing my liver.

DiogoJ42 and AT86 like this.
  3. Themeparksandy1981

Themeparksandy1981 TowersStreet Member

We always go Epcot on our 1st day and end up there on our last full day. We Love seeing spaceship Earth and it’s always the 1st ride of the holiday. We stay around Future World to lunch time then go and have lunch in the land at the Sunshine seasons. Then have a slow walk around world Showcase looking round the shops, watching the live entertainment. Half way round we have a rest with a drink in America and watch the Voices of Liberty and my favourite Disney world show the American adventure (love how this show has been put together) then we continue round world Showcase and go on the boat ride in Mexico then before we watch the fireworks go and eat dinner in the quick service restaurant in China (yum yum Orange Chicken).

4. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

See if there is one thing I like about Florida is everyone you meet has a different favourite, from Magic Kingdom to Universal to Busch it caters for every taste really. Only park I have never heard even slightly lauded over is Lego Land (I wonder why)

Doublethink likes this.
  5. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

Absolutely agree. Great selection of parks out there and everyone has a diferent opinion--whether you like Animals, Films, Disney, Food, Culture there realy is something for everything including people who don't enjoy rides. My personal favourites were AK and SeaWorld but others may find those their least favourites.

6. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I definitely agree that Florida has an incredibly well-rounded theme park selection; from my visits over the years, my favourite has to be Islands of Adventure, closely followed by Universal Studios Florida!

7. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

I think Epcot is perhaps the best example of a park that benefits from you slowing down and smelling the roses. It is undoubtedly dated in places and lacks in its C-D ticket ride offering, however there are some great hidden gems.

Wandering through the back half of Morocco, listening to the British Invasion or supping a Radeberger in Germany are, for some slightly intangible reason, some of the best times you can have in a theme park.

Epcot was our least favourite park when we first visited, after spending a total of 3 months in WDW, it’s now our favourite.

Matt N likes this.
  8. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I liked Epcot a lot because it has a very relaxed vibe, and I didn't even eat or drink anything besides what my parents bought in with us! I just really liked Epcot's whole atmosphere, especially in the World Showcase section; it was definitely one of the biggest surprises of my April 2019 Florida trip!