WDW Hollywood Studios: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 29th Jun 2012.

1. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

I quite like the Backlot Tram Tour! Though definitely wouldn't mind seeing it depart for a (presumably bigger due to the space) version of the Cars ride!

Posted 29th Jun 2012
  2. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

OK, nobody cares about this topic, but hey. :p

Disney have announced that they're adding another 1,000 seats to the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre, home of Fantasmic!

Simply good news! Can't fault that!

(maybe this hints at further park expansion, thus, increased guest figures?)

Posted 7th Sep 2012
  3. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    HS was my favourite park in all of Florida - it had the best feel of all the parks, quite easygoing yet had some brilliant shows and two world class rides. I hope Fantasmic isn't replaced because it's quite brilliant, although I do feel that the Aerosmith connection on the Rock n Rollercoaster is quite cheesy and badly executed, and so could benefit from being dropped. All in all though, park expansion couldn't be a bad thing. It's not too big a park yet and so it would only increase the diversity of the attractions there already.

Posted 7th Sep 2012
  4. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Strong rumours suggest that HS has got the green light for a version of Cars Land.

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/carsland ... d-studios/

Spotted by Ian over at CF.

Lots of exciting rumours. However, the one I'm most excited about is the even slight possibility of my favourite dark ride ever - Indiana Jones Adventure - making its way to Orlando! :D

Posted 21st Sep 2012
  5. Sazzle

Sazzle TS Administrator Team Member

Wow, fantastic update there! I'm very very excited to hear Carsland going to Studios, as it looks amazing in California. Any ideas if it'll be on the same scale?

The Avatar rumours have been doing the rounds for SO long now! I'm wondering if it will ever actually happen at all :-/.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Posted 21st Sep 2012
  6. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Motorbike coaster?
    Ugh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Posted 21st Sep 2012
  7. BigAl

BigAl TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Forbidden Journey
    Tron themed motocoaster? About time! :D

Posted 21st Sep 2012
  8. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    James Cameron seems to be sticking his fingers in too many pies of late. Rather than trying to push through what would be a terrible coaster capacity wise for a park like WDS, he should let those who know what they're doing do their job and find a compromise whilst he goes off 100 miles below the sea or whatever he happens to be doing today.

Posted 22nd Sep 2012
  9. Natalie

Natalie TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Phantom Manor
    I'm not too fussed about Avatar, but I am about Cars, Monsters Inc. (especially with the new movie coming out) and the Indiana Jones dark ride (which also like Sam is one of my favourite dark rides). I hope Disney step away from Avatar before they have thrown too much money at it asthe franchise is already not a prominant as the others. They already have a great working relationship with Lucasfilm so why not start bringing the best from California to it's eastcoast sister resort?

Posted 22nd Sep 2012
  10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

Apparantly The moto coaster would be themed as the flying creatures from the film and would be a highly themed indoor coaster which would include flying around the floating mountains. Also disney are very good at increasing capacity of coasters through the use of duel stations and block sections etc.

11. Joelio

Joelio TowersStreet Member

Avatarland to me is a massive joke... just when you think Disney is getting back on track BAM, they toss in an expansion which would be like having a WDS inside Animal Kingdom. They should just spend the rumoured budget on their own IPs, maybe build EPCOT's Mount Fuji coaster? or do Australia in Animal Kingdom, or the Beastly Kingdomme rumour... They have alot of creative talent to play with and it shocks me that they'd go with what is essentially blue Pocahontas.

12. Harv

Harv TowersStreet Member

Who actually wants Avatar? Nobody, really. Disney have some of the most entertaining and attractive IPs of all time, so why can't they use them?

Surely they can find something that everyone will enjoy. The Beastly Kingdom thing sounded great and although it would be better suited to Animal Kingdom, there's nothing to stop WDS being equally original.

Still, if they're rolling out Carsland, then I'd love to see one in Paris in years to come.

13. Will04

Will04 TowersStreet Member

Indiana Jones Adventure! ;D Wow - if they do build it I will be so happy. It is such a great ride (a true Harry Potter beater).

As for Cars Land, I'm not so sure - it does look brilliant, but I'd much rather Orlando built, let's say, Journey to the Centre of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea, rather than steal DCA's crown jewel (or even better, build a whole new land/ride).

Still, great news if true!

14. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

According to Screamscape, the 'Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow' walkthrough has soft-opened. :)

15. Lordy

Lordy TowersStreet Member

Never even heard of it before!

Where is it exactly?

16. Sazzle

Sazzle TS Administrator Team Member

Please don't tell me its just a walkthrough with loads of Johnny Depp models... please!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

17. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, Preview, Disney's Holl

Looks quite good actually!

18. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Yaaaaaay! :D

I don't see a problem with opening multiple versions of the same ride around the world if its amazing. Nobody complains that there's more than one Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain. :)

Posted 6th Dec 2012
  19. Wilsy

Wilsy TS Founding Member

It's a shame that it will propbably be massively cheaper version compared to the California Adventure version and all that amazing rockwork will be metal cut-outs. Rockwork is too expensive for the suits that run WDW.

Tokyo's version will be much more exciting.

Posted 6th Dec 2012
  20. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Cars Land much?! :)