• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Hollywood Studios: General Discussion

Disney could sell a literal turd in the park's gift shops for hundreds of dollars, and there are some guests who would still happily hand over their cash for it.

Absurd.

Bump!

The welcome video that guests with bookings are starting to receive has been leaked online. (Spoilered in case anyone doesn't want to see anything)

Bump! (again)

Well, it looks like the "shuttle" that guests will take from the hotel to Galaxy's Edge is... Wait for it... A box truck :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

galactic-starcruiser-truck-1-1-1200x716.jpg

https://wdwnt.com/2022/01/photos-bo...-wars-galactic-starcruiser-shuttle-transport/

I guess they probably want it to look somewhat inconspicuous; they wouldn’t want anything damaging the immersion!

Bumping this ol' thread!

I've been at Hollywood Studios today and, despite that I'll be writing a full trip report in due course, I just had to mention it here while it's fresh in my mind. Galaxy's Edge, Smugglers Run and in particular Rise of the Resistance are insane!

I'm no Star Wars fan, but WOW. The immersion and attention to detail is stunning across the area, and Rise, well, is truly something else. An incredible feat.

Good news everyone…

Fantasmic is back!

And for once it looks like they have actually improved the show rather than makes lots of changes under the guide of improvements that turn out to be terrible…. 😂

It seems they have refreshed the lighting package as well as fountains and effects, and presumably the audio too (although difficult to tell from the video), and it looks gooood!

New scenes seem to be pretty good too. Only thing I’ve picked up on is…. where’s pyro Mickey hands gone?!! 😂

The video was from the cast member preview on the 1st, last nights Media and VIP preview was unfortunately cancelled half way through due to lightning, and tonight is the first public showing… so be interesting to see how Hollywood Studios copes with the crowds tonight!

Hopefully a few more good videos will come out too… not that I’m jealous it didn’t reopen a month ago and I could have seen it in person 😞

This looks great! It’s SUCH an improvement compared to Fantasmic 2.0 at Disneyland.

Thank God Elizabeth from POC didn’t make the cut in this version. IMAGINE. But in all seriousness, the lighting package and fountain package look great. The show feels so fresh yet nostalgic and I love that about it.

I just wish Aladdin wasn’t so long, I would have preferred a longer Moana segment we get Jaguar section AND Aladdin now.