• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome - New members introduce yourself here!

Well hello again.
I'm obviously not new but it's been so long thought I would post in here.
Well my story, I've been to The Towers again over Christmas and it got me thinking of you guys again so I got curious and had a look what you lot were talking about, saw that Cbeebies land was opening and guessed that was about my level. Haha
And having a 7 year old Daughter I might be able to add something to the discussion.

I ended up having a pretty bad year last year anyway with one thing or another although I guess some of you proberbly think I deserved it being the prat I was.
Anyway if none of you mind too much thought I might come back and hand around again.

Promise I won't cause as much bother this time around although I still do have the odd opinion or two. ;D

Welcome back to the forum BigT. :) And also a big welcome to all our new members as well.

Hi,
I am a super long time lurker... I have always been too shy to introduce myself! Silly Innit!
But! I feel like now is the time to get over my shyness and say hello.
I am Maria and I live in Glasgow. I have loved theme parks for as long as I can remember and I have a massive soft spot for Alton Towers, since me and my family used to go every year around the time of my birthday. Loads of nostalgia!
Yeah. Anyways, I better go and do my uni work and stop procrastinating...

Gierg said:
Hi,
I am a super long time lurker... I have always been too shy to introduce myself! Silly Innit!
I am Maria and I live in Glasgow. I have loved theme parks for as long as I can remember and I have a massive soft spot for Alton Towers, since me and my family used to go every year around the time of my birthday. Loads of nostalgia!

Welcome to TS Gierg! Always nice to see a lurker sign up, I look forward to seeing you join in the discussion in the coming weeks :)

Gierg said:
Hi,

Welcome, Maria! I hope to see you engaging in discussions all about theme parks soon. :)

Hello and welcome to all the recent new members :) I'm djtruefitt aka Michael and i'm the social media guy for TowersStreet (it's my job to spam your Facebook and Twitter pages :p). I'm sure you will all have a good time here, we are a friendly bunch :)

Hi again folks, Khanage here. Been a member of TowersTimes since 2007 and migrated over here on D-day. Been very quiet on here for a long time - just haven't managed to visit AT in my fatherhood years as much as I'd like so haven't been talking much.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and be more active...

Hello there, I'm Mark a new member and the proud owner of my first Merlin Annual Pass.

Last year was really a kind of return to theme parks for me after many years, I first rode Corkscrew in it's opening year in the park and even got a certificate !

I had the odd trip to Alton over the years as my kids grew up, my brother was one of the managers of the McDonald's franchise so we used to get occasional free entry, but it's only last year with my now grown up kids that I've got back into theme parks in a big way.

Because I work strange shift patterns I'm often free mid week so with the Towers only being an hour up the road I'm hoping to get a few solo visits in while my kids are at college/work.
None of my mates are into theme parks at all and find it hard to understand why a bloke in his forties wants to get knocked about on a coaster instead of going to the pub, a fair question I suppose ! :)

I'm seriously considering the VIP pass when it becomes available, I know it's a lot of money but if I'm going to be visiting on my own regularly over the year I don't fancy queuing for hours with no one to talk to so the unlimited fast track makes it quite tempting... :S
I've not seen anything on line yet though that says whether the VIP pass will be available as an upgrade from the other MAP's , anyone know ?

Anyway I'm sure I'll see some of you around over the coming year ! :D

Welcome to the forum Mark! Always nice to see new members - particularly those who have known Towers for so long!

Nobody really knows much about the MAP VIP yet but we do have a thread on the Merlin Annual Pass so I'm sure there will be discussion there when people find out :)

Also welcome, and welcome back, to the forum for all those who have posted since I last popped in and said hello!

Welcome Mark!

I'm sure if you post in the ''Your Alton Towers Trip Reports and Plans'' section in advance of a planned visit someone might be able to join you :)

Hi all the new people. I really don't pay much attention to this topic, but so glad to see new faces popping up on this site :)

Hi guys I'm jack I'm JoshT's step brother so I go towers with him I have met most of you before but never really spoke, sure that will change though

Hi I'm Kimberley - lurked but have never posted :)

Having a love of theme parks, I am the secretary for a Roller Coaster Appreciation Society at uni which has allowed me to visit more theme parks :D I am especially excited about the reopening of Dreamland, having visited there many times during my childhood with memories of The Scenic Railway :) In addition to theme parks, I also have a love for extreme weather (tornadoes & thunderstorms in particular), Monty Python, and music no-one else seems to listen to. So, hi there :)