• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome to TowersStreet.com!

Hey all, best of luck to all of the team on the new forum, from talking to former and current team members over the years I know the a lot about the long hours, hard work and dedication ye give to these forums. So thank you for making these community forums exactly what it is a community!

I will make more of an effort to post and contribute on here the best I can. Looking forward to the future on here!

All the best,

Chris

(formerly chr1s on TTF)

PowerOfTen said:
Wow. I sure picked an interesting moment to come back.

I followed and participated (albeit it not a great deal) in TTF for a number of years, back in the days when Kaycee posted in pink and AstroDan dominated the post count board :p. However, a good few years back after a disagreement with a individual member (I can't even remember who it was now!) I left. I vowed that it would be by last ever view of TTF and up until yesterday I stood firm upon that promise.

During that time I became a member of another (very large and very active) forum. That forum is truly global and intensely moderated. Although I was far from becoming a member of the team, it has truly given me a insight into how difficult and time intensive it is to run and moderate a community such as this. I have great respect for members of team and fully support their decision, as the background behind it seep out, both on here and on what remains of TT.

It's a very hard job starting a new website and community and I'm sure the entire team knows that. But already there have been great strides in the development of this site, in a very short period of time. It is a testament to the entire teams dedication that this has been possible and long may it continue.

Anyway, I'm going to go and crawl back into my hole now. ;D

No , thank you for taking the time to post that PowerOfTen - everyone's words of encouragement and support really go along way with a team that quite frankly have had our worst 24 hours ins our history.

Please dont slink away into your hole though, we'd love you to stick around and be part of something wonderful, of which each and every person joining makes it so :D

We love what we do, who we do it for and we won't give up doing it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all :)

Well done for getting a new forum up and running in such a short space of time! Looking forward to seeing the future site

I'm a day late, but better late than never!

It can't be understated what a great job you've done getting this place up and running so quickly and smoothly. Truly incredible job!

What's done is done, time to look ahead to a wonderful new future here.

Let's get to it!

These are TS's "Glory Days", let's enjoy it.

The team have done a great job finding a new home and I personally would like to say thank you.

I'm so proud to be a part of this new venture. Proud to have come through the last 24 hours with a strength and dignity I never thought possible. I know that sounds incredibly melodramatic, but this community has been a part of so many of our lives for so many years - it is a cause incredibly close to all our hearts.

I personally have been completely overwhelmed by the response to TowersStreet by you guys - it is truly humbling to be a part of such a vibrant and dedicated community.

You are the heart and soul of this place, and we look forward to putting you in the spotlight more often. We know how important you are to us, and we want to build with you.

Joel and Craig have shown incredible dedication in the last 24 hours, and the rest of the team were up until the small hours trying to chip in with whatever we could. I give my unreserved thanks and respect to them, and the rest of the team for battling on and mucking in :).

Forwards!

Well, what a whirlwind 24 hours this has been?!

Best of luck with the new venture, guys. I'm sure by the end of the year this place will be established as the new #1 Alton Towers community. I know you all work so incredibly hard, and I know how incredibly difficult it must have been to reach the decision you did so yesterday evening.

If you need an extra pair of hands to help get the site up and running, just give me a shout. I'm more than happy to get involved. :)

Hey! I first joined around a month ago so I'm relatively new but I've had a great time so far and I'm very excited about this new site! ;D

I have some good news.... you asked, and we done...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&autoplay=1[/youtube]

[youtube]full url of video[/youtube]

;D

I fully understand why the team have done what they have done. Chris did the same to me by giving Nate full admin access without asking me, initially I thought it would be good because Chris was to busy to work on the site, I soon learned other wise because Nate teamed up with Adz who at the time was desperate to run the site. Between them they caused nothing but trouble and arguments which then eventually went on to me leaving in 2007.

I wish this new forum all the luck in the World. Learn from the past, learn from TTF and learn from my mistakes. Don't have anyone on the team unless they only have the sites interests at heart, no one is better than anyone else, and I think no one should be in overall control, a forum is a sum of its parts, in other words it's members.

Just like to thank and congratulate the team, and anyone else involved, for making this major transition so comfortably. I know I was never really a good part of the community on TTF, but I hope to change that now.

Once again, I have said it several times, thank you for everybody's support in the last 24 hours and, in particular, since the launch of this forum.

I would also like to thank many owners and team members from other theme park enthusiast forums from around Europe.

:)

Right i am going to do a welcome and thank you message here, it really has been an odd 36 hours. I really appreciate the support you have all shown and can't thank you all enough for having a look at this crazy venture.

I am deadly serious when i say we never had an idea this would have happened before yesterday, the sheer volume of work that has gone in to get us this far by the technical guys lead by Joel has simply been astounding... I do not lie when i say Craig and Joel didn't go to bed last night!

The decision to move was not an easy one, i would also like to stress it wasn't the result of spitting our dummy's out. As expressed we no longer felt that we where operating in a forum that worked with our beliefs, we do however all love TT and hope it continues it's success.

Anyway i'm glad you decided to have a nosy at what we are doing and i hope you will stay, thanks again for the support and i hope you enjoy it.

Joel said:
I have some good news.... you asked, and we done...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&autoplay=1[/youtube]

[youtube]full url of video[/youtube]

;D

You've got 'em now.

The BB code for the smilies doesn't seem to be working.

I'm going to echo the rest of the teams comments. The amount of work done over the past 24+ hours has been phenomenal. Craig and Joel have both been the main men to pull the strings here, Joel especially!

48 hours ago we had no idea that we would all decide to leave TT, or even create a whole new community! As you will all be aware by now it's been a very hard decision for many of us.

Thanks goes mostly to Joel - and Craig! Thanks to the rest of the team too! We have all stuck together and it just goes to show how dedicated we are to bring a service to the community that can be enjoyed by our members and with the best interest of our members.

Of course the biggest thanks goes to all of you that have supported us with this decision and move over. The amount of support is really appreciated by every single one of us on the team. I hope you all will continue to support us. Here's to the future of TowersStreet!

Just want to say a big thank you for everyone that's been involved with what's happened in the last 48 hours. It must have been really difficult for all of the team, especially those who have been around with TTF for many, many years. To have a site like this after such a short time is unbelievable really, and there was obviously a massive amount of effort put in. I think it speaks volumes that there are already over 300 members, and long may it continue to grow :)

I never really posted much on TTF, despite being a fairly regular meet up member, and hopefully that is something that I can change with this new start. I will certainly make more of an effort to post in 'Other Parks and Attractions', which is where my main interest lies tbh.

Anyway, I'm sure this new site will be a massive success, and have every confidence in the current team. Here's to the future :)