• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome To Your New Forum!

Craig

TS Administrator
Thanks everyone for your patience today while we've worked to move the forum over to our new software. There will no doubt be a few niggles to iron out which will be spotted by the eagle eyed lot amongst you, so just to explain how you should feed things back.

Don't forget you'll need to re-upload the avatar that you had onto the forum, as we're not able to transfer them over as part of the conversion process. To do this, highlight your name at the top right over the page and select the avatar option.

Individual account issues: If you spot an issue with your account (can't upload avatar/posting/login issues etc etc) then hit the question mark in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. A team member will get back in touch with you as soon as possible. Please include as much information as you can in the message, and a screenshot (there's an option for the widget to do this for you) if you feel it necessary

General feedback: If you have feedback about general usage of the forum or it's features, pop a post in here. You can of course still use the help widget if you wish :).

There are of course changes to how the forum works, and we ran through some of the major changes over the course of this week in our announcement topic so please have a read if you haven't already, or if you need a little reminder.

We'll also update this post with known issues over the next few days, along with where we are at with resolving them.

Known issues:
  • Wiki and meetup system - This issue is now resolved
  • User banners - At present, we're still discussing what to do in terms of restoring user banners. You'll find a user title for the same banner you previously had for the moment.
  • Trophies - We're not actively using these at present, but may be considered as a limited implementation in future.
Alerts options:
Remember by default you will receive a notification for any topic you have posted in as well as those you have created. To change this, select your name at the top then select Preferences, select this link. Untick the box "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...".

You may also be subscribed to individual topics or forums. To manage these, check your watched threads and your watched forums

Last edited:
Could the numbers of each page in a particular thread be 'always on'?

The hover feature is a bit annoying.

Looks good on the whole. Will take some time to get used to! Well done to all working hard to get the forum up on a hot day like this!

Wow! Lots of subtle but effective changes made even today! Everyone's spent so hard on it, and it really has paid off! When I first got a glimpse of this forum after becoming ambassador, I didn't feel alienated at all!

Well done chaps!

Could the numbers of each page in a particular thread be 'always on'?

The hover feature is a bit annoying.

There isn't an option for us to change this unfortunately. However, they were hidden on the previous forum that required a click to reveal a bigger group of them, so there isn't really anything different about it.

There isn't an option for us to change this unfortunately. However, they were hidden on the previous forum that required a click to reveal a bigger group of them, so there isn't really anything different about it.

Yeah, I think previously you could always hit to just see the very latest posts, but no worries.

It's such a modern, fresh design. Seems really quick and responsive - a good improvement.

Definitely is quite a big change, and I'm sure it will be for the best. Thanks to Craig and the team for working so hard on the update, even though it was not really required, simply out of the good of your hearts. Also bravo to the testers; I haven't noticed anything going wrong, so they've probably done their job properly. Good work all-round, then.

Definitely is quite a big change, and I'm sure it will be for the best. Thanks to Craig and the team for working so hard on the update, even though it was not really required, simply out of the good of your hearts. Also bravo to the testers; I haven't noticed anything going wrong, so they've probably done their job properly. Good work all-round, then.

It was VERY much Joel's hard work. I just mucked about with stuff in the background (and forgot a whole load of that said stuff!)

Reactions: Amy
Would the navbar be able to be 'stickied' again? It was really useful before!

Would the navbar be able to be 'stickied' again? It was really useful before!

The navbar and the general design of TowersStreet is being refreshed, so at the moment we can't confirm yes or no. It will be changing from it's current design in some shape or form though :)