• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome To Your New Forum!

Sorry for the double post, but there's a couple of things that bug me a bit.

1) I much prefer the SMF smileys, as these new ones feel much too emoticon-esque.
2) The who's online list looks far too cluttered. It was much nicer when it was horizontally across the bottom rather than cramped in as it is now. Would also be nice if your followers could be bolded too!

As many people have already said, a huge thank you to the team and new forum ambassadors for the smooth transition to XenForo.

Everything feels so smooth (thanks to the updated design/UI), logical and accessible (the help widget is a great addition!), I doubt it will take long to get to grips with the new software.

Well done!

Sorry for the double post, but there's a couple of things that bug me a bit.

1) I much prefer the SMF smileys, as these new ones feel much too emoticon-esque.
2) The who's online list looks far too cluttered. It was much nicer when it was horizontally across the bottom rather than cramped in as it is now. Would also be nice if your followers could be bolded too!

Smilies wise, we've actually installed additional ones from the default ones which come with this software. We purposely matched them to the standard Facebook ones for ease of use for those not familiar with forums.

We're going to keep the who's online as it is for the time being. It's not something that's looked at for long periods really. As for people you follow, they now show as a picture of their avatar in the who's online section.

I'm impressed. Everything seems to work on my iPad 1 and Dolphin browser. :)

Going to take some getting used to but just want to say thanks to the team for getting the move done so quickly! Oh and I'll pay each team member a tenner if you can bring back the old smilies! :p

Just one question, this there any way to have a button to preview a post from quick reply without having to go to more options and then another screen? Nothing major but I've always used quick reply and previewed my posts from there!

:)

Going to take some getting used to but just want to say thanks to the team for getting the move done so quickly! Oh and I'll pay each team member a tenner if you can bring back the old smilies! :p

We cannot be bought! (least not for a measly tenner!)

Just one question, this there any way to have a button to preview a post from quick reply without having to go to more options and then another screen? Nothing major but I've always used quick reply and previewed my posts from there!
:)

Shall look into this, no promises at the moment though :)

Reactions: Rob
Everything looks spiffing guys!

Thank you so much to Craig and Joel for putting the hours in over this and also thanks to our forum testers for giving the place a good going over before we went live.

This has been a really positive change and will be great for the future of TowersStreet :)

So I return from spending most of my day at work to find that everything's all shiny and new, and that Joel hasn't broken the forum. Much. :p

Excellent work, guys! I'm loving it already! :)

One little feature I like is that alerts appear on the favicon. This will be a really useful feature for knowing you have notifications when you are browsing elsewhere and not on the TS tab:

p5jxFLY.png