• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Weymouth Sea Life Centre rides

Prof Burp

TS Member
With Timber Tug Boat moving to Chessington,could I please ask which other rides were at Weymouth? Obviously there was Timber Tug Boat,River Rafts and Lumber Jump. What were the other rides and where are they located now?

I recall a round ride on water, maybe seals? A Ferris wheel and the Log Flume that ended up at Chessington. Plus I think there was a Frog Hopper, was that not the one that ended up at Thorpe? Also the Rockin' Tug.

I was very hungover.

Some of the Weymouth rides can still be seen on street view. As well as the 3 that ended up at Chessington/Thorpe, I can also see a kiddy pirate ship and a water-based round ride. EDIT - I've since found a more recent park map which shows the ferris wheel @Rick mentioned in place of the pirate ship.

The two Peter Rabbit towers were from Oberhausen.

Last edited:
I recall a round ride on water, maybe seals? A Ferris wheel and the Log Flume that ended up at Chessington. Plus I think there was a Frog Hopper, was that not the one that ended up at Thorpe? Also the Rockin' Tug.

I was very hungover.

Ah yeah the log flume went to Chessington.
The frog hopper is at Thorpe.

I have just found a park map for Weymouth Sea Life Centre. The map shows 5 rides,Timber Tug Boat, Lumber Jump,Escape From Crocdile Creek,a Miniature Big Wheel and a circular Seal ride. All of the rides are accounted for apart from The Miniture Big Wheel and Circular Seal Ride. Does anyone know where thease rides are currently located?The Big Wheel was formally located at Thorpe Park and called Swinging Seashells.

Knowing Merlin they are probably sat behind the scenes at Towers or Thorpe doing nothing until they can find a use for them.

Knowing Merlin they are probably sat behind the scenes at Towers or Thorpe doing nothing until they can find a use for them.
@djtruefitt why would the rides be stored at Alton Towers? None of the Weymouth rides have ever operated at Alton. If they were in storage I would guess they are on Thorpe Farm at Thorpe Park. UK Theme Parks recently posted photographs of Clarence Pier. One of the “new” rides looks remarkably similar to the Seal ride at Weymouth. Adam even wrote “some eagle eyed viewers may no this ride”.

Alton Towers has a lot of land to store junk/old rides/stuff that should have been binned years ago.
@djtruefitt I wonder what past Merlin rides and attractions are behind the scenes at Alton? I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cars from Toadies Crazy Cars,Ramasis Ravenge,Unsold Flume boats etc are lurking around. Does anyone have photos of the back of house storage area(s) at Alton Towers?I would like to see the contents!

@djtruefitt I wonder what past Merlin rides and attractions are behind the scenes at Alton? I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cars from Toadies Crazy Cars,Ramasis Ravenge,Unsold Flume boats etc are lurking around. Does anyone have photos of the back of house storage area(s) at Alton Towers?I would like to see the contents!
There’s definitely loads of flume boats and an old monorail train behind Duel. You’ll also spot plenty of rapids and usually battle galleons boats also stored behind Duel near to the staff car park.

I’m sure there are plenty of other bits around the park. But away from what guests can see. People seem to suggest that Submission was just left behind the scenes after that was removed.

The Seal ride has just been relocated to Clarence Pier in Hampshire. Please could someone please tell me the fate of the Mini Ferris Wheel (Swinging Sea Shell’s)? This is the last piece of the puzzle as I know know the location of all of the other rides