What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Box Office' started by Stevie, 13th Jun 2012.

1. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

Carly Rae Jepsen Run Away With Me...and wondering why I Really Like You was so popular when this is clearly the better song??

skyscraper likes this.
  2. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

It's a shame they got rid of the VIP pass just after Neil Hannon went to the trouble of writing them a theme tune...

Lanyards in the air and all together now "I jump the queue, I jump the queue, I jump the queue coz I'm better than you, I’m better than you, I’m better than you, I don’t have to play by the usual rules"

The latest album from The Divine Comedy, Office Politics, is incredible. As you'd expect.

3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

After chatting music with dippy Dave on our "ultimate" trip, I spent an hour wandering hmv in Blackpool digging out new albums from favourite artists of long ago.
    Dubstars One, and Craig Armstrong's Sun on You.
    My good lady fixed her dad's fifty year old speakers with a nice new soldering iron, only took her a full day to get the speaker backs off.
    Mr Armstrong's piano and strings gave me goosebumps within the first twenty minutes.
    Cheers dippy, absolutely amazing stuff.

4. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Ooh, a lady with soldering skills! Always a keeper. ;) And thankfully nowhere near as rare as it used to be.

Anyway... Catching up on some Tomorrowland. I see Timmy Trumpet opened his set with the old 2001 music (never can remember what the actual classic piece is called), trumpeting along, of course, with the Apollo 11 launch countdown dubbed over it.

Given that his set opened more or less 50 years (give or take 5 mins) after they LANDED on the moon, I can't help but feel he missed a trick by not going for the "Eagle has landed" clip.

Otherwise it's a very good set. Especially given that so far this year's festival has not been anywhere near as banging as last year was.

5. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

Slipknot - We are not your kind album.

Call an ambulance, I've broke my neck.