• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

So.

Ive become obsessed with a Italian called Adriano Celantano. Not only because rock 'n' roll seems far better in Italian but it's some the greatest volume of work ever constructed. Ian drury listed him as one of the "reason to be cheerful." Yes Ian he is. Go to you tube and get lost in some the stuff he's done.

I have attached his greatest bit of work. It's the second greatest song of all time but it is, the finest video of all time.

As you can see, it is the 2nd greatest song of all time....... only because it's cover version is better take away Mike 'frank butcher' reid

Bought ages ago, finally got round to playing the 3CD deluxe Mixed Up by The Cure. Extended versions & weird dubby remixes, a lot of which were 12” B-sides back in the 80s. And a whole disc ‘Torn Down’ of Robert’s own remixes of quite random songs. Cool!

That's a great compilation. I'm a big fan of extended edits, dubs and remixes in the classic eighties style and some of The Cure's are arguably even better than the originals. The 'Milk Mix' of Let's Go To Bed is my favourite version of that track, and the extended version of Pictures Of You is even more tearjerking than the single.

Good to see another Cure fan. I love the extended versions particularly. My jaw dropped when I discovered that an extended ‘Pictures Of You’ existed. Incredible.

Have you heard the extended ‘A Letter To Elise’? It was only ever on some ultra rare promo CD. It’s on YouTube too of course. Can’t believe it didn’t make it onto the 3CD 30th anniversary Wish remaster last year.

Bought ages ago, finally got round to playing the 3CD deluxe Mixed Up by The Cure. Extended versions & weird dubby remixes, a lot of which were 12” B-sides back in the 80s. And a whole disc ‘Torn Down’ of Robert’s own remixes of quite random songs. Cool!
Grim reaper tag so appropriate for a Cure freak.
Fellow dub version fan, have thousands of them, and a crazy triple eighties remix cd.
Favourite, extended instrumental of say hello , wave goodbye by soft cell.

Just discovered Ren!

The “Hi Ren” video popped up on my you tube a while ago, I think I got to the yodelling bit and then the phone rang or something and I never went back to it thinking. “Not my cup of tea”. Anyway curious by the hundreds of “Hi Ren Reaction” videos I gave it another go today. OMG! Now I get all the fuss. The bit at the end when he stands and sings absolutely broke me.

I’ve spent the afternoon down a Ren rabbit hole.
The guy is a genius.

I’m not really into Rap music but he is just mesmerising. And he sings beatifully, and plays guitar beautifully. And acts. And is just generally an artistic creative legend.
Wow!

This week I've pretty much had CVC's debut album on repeat, after rediscovering it whilst flicking through my vinyl looking for some sound track inspiration (how hipster am I?).

Lead single, "Docking The Pay" is an excellent throw back to guitar led late 1970s rock, with some very catchy hooks.

They're all from the same Welsh village, and their name stands for Church Village Collective.

Just discovered Ren!

The “Hi Ren” video popped up on my you tube a while ago, I think I got to the yodelling bit and then the phone rang or something and I never went back to it thinking. “Not my cup of tea”. Anyway curious by the hundreds of “Hi Ren Reaction” videos I gave it another go today. OMG! Now I get all the fuss. The bit at the end when he stands and sings absolutely broke me.

I’ve spent the afternoon down a Ren rabbit hole.
The guy is a genius.

I’m not really into Rap music but he is just mesmerising. And he sings beatifully, and plays guitar beautifully. And acts. And is just generally an artistic creative legend.
Wow!
I love Ren - as you said, he’s an artistic legend! His music has a lot of meaning - Sick boi is good. I relate to that one a lot. Money game part 3 is also very powerful.

You can tell he’s been through a lot.

Very much in a Philly Sound vibe today, specifically the late and great Billy Paul and the ridiculousness and pomposity of his recordings.

"Only The Strong Survive" - Billy Paul

Special Mention - "Your Song" - Billy Paul