• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

Production talkback... in Sweedish in my left ear, Polish in my right, and vision talkback in English from a speaker.

What little sanity I have left is slipping fast.

Talkback is bad at the best of times, let alone in many languages. Can't you turn some off or don't you have a panel?

This thread is called what are listening too right? To me that means sound coming through the ears right?

I've started recently listening too Hancock's half hour. After of years of telling ones self to give it a try. One of the funniest things I've heard is the test pilot sketch.

Also check out the incredible Round the horne. A show that probably doesn't get the recognition it deserves. For a 1960s radio it still makes me laugh today. Ok the stereotypes are dated but, to have openly gay characters in Julian and sandy at a time when being gay was still illegal was brave. Surprised the BBC let them get away with it. Both the shoes have dated ok, certainly better than Monty Python has.

Back in May I went to Theatre Peckham to watch the recording of a BBC Radio 4 comedy starring Garrett Millerick and Frank Skinner called Do-gooders about the antics that go on behind the scenes at a fictional Alzheimer's charity. I loved it so much I went back twice so I could watch all six episodes (they did two episodes per night). The show has started broadcasting on Tuesday nights at 18:30 and is definitely worth a listen. Some of the language and humour can be quite rude and the latest episode "The Walk" I'm surprised they broadcast during the riots (I won't ruin it - you'll know what I mean if you listen to it). The show interestingly also goes into the behaviour of different generations and how they interact within their generation and with others.
All episodes will be on BBC Sounds: