• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you views on the cleanliness of Alton Towers?

I have started this topic because i would like to see what you think about the cleanliness of the Alton Towers.

The thing that i would like to say is that i think Alton Towers in general is really clean by my standard and around the food and drink stalls but the garden could do with a bit of a clean and the little bridge at the bottom of the gardens could do with a lick of paint so it makes the gardens look that bit better.

Overall i would give the park a 4 out of 5 for cleanliness.

I would love to hear your views thanks Jamie :D.

For the most part, I'd agree - but annoyingly, this topic immediately turned my mind to things like: the Air tunnel, which we all know is as horrendous as it always has been, and gives a REALLY bad first impression of the ride. That needs more than just cleaning.
A few of the rides could use some paint and TLC here and there, but I'm sure that's a work in progress - having rides themed to post-apocalyptic wastelands is always a massive advantage, as it means rides can look old and rusting without it being a bad thing - Nemesis, for example, wouldn't look nearly as good cleaned up! Some of the dark rides however, could use a tidy up inside.
As for paths, queue lines and guest areas in general, I've never noticed any problem with cleanliness, which is an acheivement considering the amount of people who use the season in a year; litter etc. could potentially be a big problem, and yet it never is :)

Ah the air tunnel. I hope that when it reaches the end of its life, we will always remember its tunnel, and the topic dedicated to it :)

Generally very good, however they seem to lose the battle in the afternoons.

Every single time I visit on a busy day the place looks great right up until about 15:00, then it feels like the litter pickers get overwhelmed, they stumble, and before they have time to steady themselves a tide of filth engulfs them all and turns parts of the park are a crap shack for the rest of the day. :/

I think considering the size of the place its pretty darn good. The toilets are always pretty clean, the paths etc are clean, I have and have never had any complaints to be honest!

Air is FILTHY. It needs a good power wash and soon!

Also the Nemesis monster/alien/crab/thingy needs cleaning, it isn't meant to accumulate so much dirt things grow on it!!

rides aside.

the site is kept very clean, for the size of it.

yes they do get a bit overloaded in the height of the season. but with the amount of guests per day this is to be expected.

my cleanliness rating for the site 9 out of 10

I have always admired how AT keep such a vast site clean / litter free. I actually feel that this has also improved over time. 9/10 presently. The whole upkeep of the park is without doubt the best in the UK at least.

Not necessarily 'cleanliness' but i think Landscaping & 'Garden Maintenance' deserves a mention as i would give this 10/10. Having just spent 5 days on resort I noticed more than normal on what goes on 'behind the scenes' as such Re. the gardening. The amount of pruning / weed managing is incredible. (and obviously I didn't even get into the Gardens.) Take air's break run (the sides) for example, Thorpe's attitude would be - just put gravel / concrete down then spray it with 'round-up' or get some staff chavs to pee on it. Instead we get carefully chosen ground-covering shrubs, surrounded with woodchip to control the weeds. (its amazing what you notice after the 20th ride ;) )

There must be 5000x ( probably not even that far off realistically ) the amount or shrubs or garden areas at AT than Thorpe for example.

I'd say that the park is more or less always clean in terms of litter and rubbish. The staff all do a really good job at keeping on top of it given the vast area they have to cover.

However, some parts of the park are looking really quite dingey and tired at the moment, and could do with a good clean up. Given that X-Sector is getting a damn good tart up this closed season I think it really is a step in the right direction. The Valley is the next area which springs to mind, Air especially. If next year the area could receive the same treatment X-Sector is getting at the moment it would be a massive improvement to the park.

Also, I noticed the other weekend how shabby some areas of Towers Street are looking. Some of the buildings are looking a bit messy, with peeling paintwork and marks on them. Nothing a lick of paint wouldn't fix though :)

So on the whole, in terms of being clean and tidy the park is brilliant in my opinion. It's more the upkeep of some attractions which could do with sorting (Though this is confined to just one area really now).