• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

Everyone has different opinions on what they plan to do when the parks reopen. My problem is I’m having to travel over 160 miles I want to enjoy my day. I go to parks to let my mind escape the huddle and bustle of normal life. In my personal opinion with everything in place you’ll never get that feeling and it’s not merlins fault. To be constantly surrounded and reminded by what’s going on outside the park is not my idea of a fun day. But each to their own.

If there’s no fastrack I wonder what they will do for those who’ve got a pass with fastrack included like that Legoland pass.

Last edited:
If there’s no fastrack I wonder what they will do for those who’ve got a pass with fastrack included like that Legoland pass.
Possibly offer freezes.
It's going to be interesting for the few remaining MAP VIPs...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

IL be going regardless but that's because I NEED to, opinion seems quite split in the map group on if people will be going or not.
Does anyone NEED to go a theme park?

We might hit up a park later in the year if feedback seems fair to middling, but no rush. I am more nervous about fellow guests inability to social distance than I am about anything the park is doing.

These measures won't stop me visiting the parks personally, but I completely get why people would be put off. Disney for example would be a wasted visit and not very magical.

Just go to crap parks like Thorpe Park instead.

These measures won't stop me visiting the parks personally, but I completely get why people would be put off. Disney for example would be a wasted visit and not very magical.

Just go to crap parks like Thorpe Park instead.

does Oakwood count as a crap park :tearsofjoy: that’s the only park I’ll be able to manage this year.

Does anyone NEED to go a theme park?

We might hit up a park later in the year if feedback seems fair to middling, but no rush. I am more nervous about fellow guests inability to social distance than I am about anything the park is doing.
When the alternative is long term autistic burnout and being non verbal? I think I can say yes.

Right, but it's not inconceivable that at some parks there won't be a 2020 season. People would just have to wait it out.

It's good to hear that theme parks are a haven for people and provide a coping mechanism, I hope y'all are finding some sort of alternative at the moment!

Right, but it's not inconceivable that at some parks there won't be a 2020 season. People would just have to wait it out.

It's good to hear that theme parks are a haven for people and provide a coping mechanism, I hope y'all are finding some sort of alternative at the moment!
Yep, Emergency plans are currently being put in place with work!

Theme parks to me are a bit of escapism. There is no escapism when you are constantly reminded on the outside world sadly.

Also I don't even visit any park now on peak days as I can't stand waiting too long for either a mediocre ride or a good one I have ridden countless times already. Fast pass also annoys the hell out of me so another reason to avoid the busy days.

The social distancing and strict cleaning measures are going to make wait times unbearable even with reduced guests. Legoland is an appalling park to be at at the best of times for example . God only knows how bad it will be when they have to split people up.

Legoland is an appalling park to be at at the best of times for example . God only knows how bad it will be when they have to split people up.
To be fair to them, Legoland were operational for just over a week before full lockdown was implemented, and accounts from those who visited spoke fairly highly of the measures in place.

In my personal opinion the 2020 season as we know it is gone. Apart from merlin parks possibly most parks will be closed and only open at the weekend after August. I think that’s what’s putting me off this year I used to like waking up on a free day and just going to a park when I liked. But now come September parks will be closed or pre book only. I’m just getting excited for 2021 season I think when they reopen and things are more relaxed it will just feel better.

In my personal opinion the 2020 season as we know it is gone. Apart from merlin parks possibly most parks will be closed and only open at the weekend after August. I think that’s what’s putting me off this year I used to like waking up on a free day and just going to a park when I liked. But now come September parks will be closed or pre book only. I’m just getting excited for 2021 season I think when they reopen and things are more relaxed it will just feel better.

Again unless something unexpected happens 2021 is unlikely to be much different to 2020. The parks strategy will have to be extendable into next year.

Again unless something unexpected happens 2021 is unlikely to be much different to 2020. The parks strategy will have to be extendable into next year.

To me personally opening the parks seems a bit rushed this year. Same with all other places fighting to open asap. But my sort of point is by 2021 If all these restrictions are still in place then it won’t be as bad. Any problems would be ironed out I’m sure certain social distancing restrictions will be lifted so could make life bit more easier. But all in all no one really knows yet how the 2021 season will look. It’s all guessing and speculation at best.