• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

Well if (and it is still an if) vaccine trials continue to progress on schedule and are successful, which some experts claim to have an 80% chance of success, there are plans in place to have 30 million vaccines available to the UK population by September this year, with more to come in October and so on. Nobody can say if this will actually be achieved, but if it can be achieved as AstraZeneca and the government say then the 2021 season could be a bit more normal than we perhaps think.

Hopefully. A better bet is a combination therapy that stops people dying but positive thoughts and all that.

Nearly fell off my chair at that one.
Really?

Post-Smiler, the focus on H&S has been extreme, visibly so to guests. Big ISO-style ‘Danger of Death’ signs on every ride perimeter, huge increase in visible CCTV across rides, even additional positions like on Rapids post-Drayton. Intricate wind-alarm systems resulting in ride closures at the slightest gust, even (such as at Legoland) constant reminders of H&S checks such as the “you’re secure” mantra.

Arguably, when compared with other parks worldwide which aren’t exactly death-traps, it’s gone too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that was the point of vip you don’t queue plus you have your own entrance don’t you?
Wouldn’t you have own staff doing the checks who might be more calming less intimidating
A seperate entrance but the way bag check worked when it was done it tended to be the same guy.
*Gate not entrance at Alton

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hopefully. A better bet is a combination therapy that stops people dying but positive thoughts and all that.
True, the probability of that is likely higher based on other infectious disease. Genuinely have no idea of the effects on social distancing that would have though, as unlike a vaccine there remains the potential for getting seriously ill even if deaths are avoided to a greater extent.

If you're worried @imanautie, it might be worth contacting the park for advice on whether it's worth you going and if they could arrange for a member of guest services to meet you when you arrive. They have a duty to guests with special needs and hopefully will already be aware that some guests may find the changes difficult. Some staff should have disability awareness training too.
I'm really hoping a certain member of admissions is on, one who knows I'm autistic and is ND themselves!

I'm really hoping a certain member of admissions is on, one who knows I'm autistic and is ND themselves!

Why don’t you or someone you know email them now and ask them to consider the impact for autistic people like yourself. It might be they can plan a meet and great for people who might struggle with the measures and have staff pre-prepared to take more time or adapt how each individual would prefer them too.

I’m sure if you get no response, post it here and someone will notice who can take on the cause to get some comms to the park management.

Why don’t you or someone you know email them now and ask them to consider the impact for autistic people like yourself. It might be they can plan a meet and great for people who might struggle with the measures and have staff pre-prepared to take more time or adapt how each individual would prefer them too.

I’m sure if you get no response, post it here and someone will notice who can take on the cause to get some comms to the park management.
Good idea! Thinking about it I'm sure Merlin PR would love the opportunity to say how inclusive merlin are even now.

This could really benefit Merlin and the rest of the UK theme park industry if it happens, as I’d assume that they could have more people in the parks if the 2m required distance was reduced: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...s-two-metre-rule-can-reduced-help-businesses/
I can see us having two distances, a shorter one for when all parties are wearing a mask and the current 2 meters for when that's not possible.

If the advice was changed like this I can imagine merlin considering changing their policy on masks to require them.

It’s good they are listening to what’s being asked, not everyone who has a pass will want to visit this year so this prorata refund is good news if you want it.
Next move might be to offer monthly memberships the option to remain frozen till next season, although that's a lot more complicated

Indeed. Although I wonder if the Big Sheep will now claim to have been ahead of the curve.

_88987947_rollercoastercombined.jpg

I'm sure that the Ropers are enjoying the peace and quiet from the park during this lock-down, I'm sure that they will rejoice in the no screaming rules o_O

Reading about those two, they'll find something to complain about. AT employs a lot of people, provides work for companies who supply it with products and puts money into the local area. AT ain't going anywhere, they should grow up.

Reading about those two, they'll find something to complain about. AT employs a lot of people, provides work for companies who supply it with products and puts money into the local area. AT ain't going anywhere, they should grow up.
There's also the fact that it say the ropers living nearby to the resort call 999 for certain medical emergencies they would get Alton staff responding under the CFR scheme.