• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

Again unless something unexpected happens 2021 is unlikely to be much different to 2020. The parks strategy will have to be extendable into next year.
Well if (and it is still an if) vaccine trials continue to progress on schedule and are successful, which some experts claim to have an 80% chance of success, there are plans in place to have 30 million vaccines available to the UK population by September this year, with more to come in October and so on. Nobody can say if this will actually be achieved, but if it can be achieved as AstraZeneca and the government say then the 2021 season could be a bit more normal than we perhaps think.

The parks have five weeks to prepare for probable opening on 4th July.
They will benefit from other parks reopening first...setting the stage, so to speak.
Not rushed at all.

Look them intensely in the eyes, when they say 'done mate' carry on staring into their soul and mouth the words 'elephant stew' without speaking.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

Ah #2 that'll be my next argument with security...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It might be worth getting in touch and seeing if they can get you in touch with someone from turnstiles when they know a bit more exactly about how they're going to do it. Maybe a supervisor could be aware of when you're arriving and they can arrange to have your check done in a more sympathetic manner as you genuinely have more of an issue than most of us with this sort of thing. I don't see why with a bit of effort on both sides this could not be arranged. I think with a positive attitude towards it you could get it sorted. Good luck :)

It might be worth getting in touch and seeing if they can get you in touch with someone from turnstiles when they know a bit more exactly about how they're going to do it. Maybe a supervisor could be aware of when you're arriving and they can arrange to have your check done in a more sympathetic manner as you genuinely have more of an issue than most of us with this sort of thing. I don't see why with a bit of effort on both sides this could not be arranged. I think with a positive attitude towards it you could get it sorted. Good luck :)
This is exactly why MAP VIP was awesome :(

I have multiple badges saying I'm autistic so there shouldn't be an issues as it's pretty damn obvious, but still change = anxiety.
IL probably just not be at the front of the queue so I can observe how the checks are being conducted.

It doesn't sound particularly fun either way, even if you do get in...

Alton Towers:
But what we do have is lots and lots of space, a culture that has safety at its very core and a team this is absolutely obsessed with delivering fantastic experiences for our guests.

g7Vpra.gif

Last edited:
This is exactly why MAP VIP was awesome :(

I have multiple badges saying I'm autistic so there shouldn't be an issues as it's pretty damn obvious, but still change = anxiety.
IL probably just not be at the front of the queue so I can observe how the checks are being conducted.

I thought that was the point of vip you don’t queue plus you have your own entrance don’t you?
Wouldn’t you have own staff doing the checks who might be more calming less intimidating

If you're worried @imanautie, it might be worth contacting the park for advice on whether it's worth you going and if they could arrange for a member of guest services to meet you when you arrive. They have a duty to guests with special needs and hopefully will already be aware that some guests may find the changes difficult. Some staff should have disability awareness training too.