• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

I wonder what the situation will be with the restaurants? The government have said they'll reopen with pubs in July, I suppose they'll just do distancing in them or something. Although you'd think it'd be impossible in Rollercoaster Restaurant.

With pass holders needing to pre book entry, I wonder if they will limit the amount someone can visit?

You can imagine some will try to block book days / weeks to get “value” out of the pass.

But by having the same people visit over a period could be argued increases the risk.

Wouldnt suprise me if you can only hold one booking with your pass, cant book again until your first visit date has passed.
Block booking will not be allowed under restricted crowd numbers I imagine.
Would seem the sensible and fairer way to do it.

Can imagine they would get some types complain that their unlimited visits are being limited so they should be entitled to something :rolleyes:

I have an unlimited cinema card and you are limited to booking 3 films at one time, once those film showings have passed you can then book more. I imagine Merlin/Towers will have a similar cap in place for attraction tickets to prevent any abuse of the system.

Although I'm sure select individuals will moan anyway.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

I imagine the Wickerman baggage hold will be closed from now on. Can’t see how having staff handling 100’s of bags a day can be sensible in the current situation - along with the queues to hand bags over and collect them back again. The queue on the exit bridge could back up even when people could stand directly behind each other, let alone when having 2 meter gaps.

Will save about 3 staff members worth of wages too, which I’m sure the park won’t complain about.

Last edited:
Do we think they’ll install baggage cages on the platform like with Thirteen and Smiler? Or could they do a Disney and let people take baggage on with them?

Do we think they’ll install baggage cages on the platform like with Thirteen and Smiler? Or could they do a Disney and let people take baggage on with them?
I'm sure there's absolutely no chance of Alton allowing guests with bags on wickerman.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's merlin. What did you expect

Merlin are one of the very few operators in the world who offer a free bag hold system rather than taking your money for lockers or running the risk of station bag shelving, I don't think that's a fair criticism at all. If they have actually thought of longer term operations when popularity falls and how the space will work when the manned hold is no longer required, rather than butchering spaces in ways they weren't designed for, then they should be applauded.

I wouldn't expect the return of baggage holds on reopening.

Merlin are one of the very few operators in the world who offer a free bag hold system rather than taking your money for lockers or running the risk of station bag shelving, I don't think that's a fair criticism at all. If they have actually thought of longer term operations when popularity falls and how the space will work when the manned hold is no longer required, rather than butchering spaces in ways they weren't designed for, then they should be applauded.

I wouldn't expect the return of baggage holds on reopening.
Agreed, we may be quick to crtisicise Merlin, but at least they don't force you to rent out a locker to go on a ride.

That can double the price of a visit in some parks.

Agreed, we may be quick to crtisicise Merlin, but at least they don't force you to rent out a locker to go on a ride.

That can double the price of a visit in some parks.
Talking of the lockers, I've only ever used the ones at the Turnstiles for a day but regarding the others, do you have to pay per locker block or can you pay once for day access at one block and that gives you a locker at all of them?

Talking of the lockers, I've only ever used the ones at the Turnstiles for a day but regarding the others, do you have to pay per locker block or can you pay once for day access at one block and that gives you a locker at all of them?
I've been told it's per locker block but can be setup by the park to be across all.

I've been told it's per locker block but can be setup by the park to be across all.

"Can be set up" as in it's technologically possible but they choose not to or they can per user if you ask them? I'm guessing the first option!

"Can be set up" as in it's technologically possible but they choose not to or they can per user if you ask them? I'm guessing the first option!
Former, I'm guessing it's done standalone due to issues getting them all connected.

Considering how temperamental those lockers are I doubt they’d even contemplate making changes.

Although they were much more reliable last year than before. Much prefer the key and pay per open that the other three parks use. At least it won’t open someone else locker!

The offload of Wickerman does look as if it was always designed to have room for cages to be added as and when the need arose.
Unlike The Smiler *shoves small cage in gap against the wall*

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk