• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

They’ve managed to get Sealife, Tussauds, Legoland Discovery Centre & more open in Australia (of course different restrictions apply but it shows they can open them safely)
Ah, that’s quite good! That would likely allow the vast majority of Merlin’s arsenal of attractions to open on 4th July; I can only really think of the Dungeons attractions, Shrek’s Adventure and potentially Bear Grylls as possibly being problematic, which when you think about it, probably isn’t a huge number of Merlin’s UK attractions, let alone their worldwide attractions.

Ah, that’s quite good! That would likely allow the vast majority of Merlin’s arsenal of attractions to open on 4th July; I can only really think of the Dungeons attractions, Shrek’s Adventure and potentially Bear Grylls as possibly being problematic, which when you think about it, probably isn’t a huge number of Merlin’s UK attractions, let alone their worldwide attractions.
I’m sure they have said indoor play areas can’t reopen. So discovery centres will stay closed along with dungeons, shrek, some parts of Warwick castle. I fully expect Blackpool tower to stay closed for the time being along with some smaller sealife centres.

I wonder what will happen with scaremazes for scarefeast? Just riding until 9pm it is! At least they will save a fortune on actors etc.
To be honest, I’d probably be more tempted to visit if it was only night rides available, as I’m not into all the scare stuff at all!

Unpopular opinion, but Halloween is perhaps my least favourite time of the theme park season; I never usually visit parks during the month of October!

Yes they’ve done pretty well, in fact checking the website they’ve opened every local version again (Zoo, Tower Eye, Sea-life’s, Tussauds, LDC, Fly brand (treetops zipline etc) of course everything has modification like LDC closing soft play areas and time limits on how long you can stay.

So Merlin will know what they can and can’t do and then adapt to local restrictions.
It’s not all doom and gloom :)

I fully expect Blackpool tower to stay closed for the time being along with some smaller sealife centres.

I guess for the tower it depends if the cost of operating with one household in the lift at one time will cause revenue to drop too low. With that restriction in place it would severely limit capacity but might be OK to open. But with Jungle Jims, the Dungeon and the Circus closed, I'm not sure if it would be worth just having the tower eye only.

Out of interest, is it known whether the Fastrack vouchers that come with the Premium MAP are time-limited, or can you use them within any time frame you like?

I was only asking because even though I never usually use Fastrack, I have one voucher for each UK RTP (Alton, Thorpe and Chessington), and I was hoping I could use them at some point when the service is available again.

I know it's off topic but with this 1m plus rule will you have to wear a mask in the pub or restaurant to be 1m apart from someone not from your household or bubble?

I know it's off topic but with this 1m plus rule will you have to wear a mask in the pub or restaurant to be 1m apart from someone not from your household or bubble?

At a guess, no, as how would you eat/drink with a mask on?

I imagine it's more on the condition of businesses having as many measures in place as possible to minimise any risk to customers.

I imagine it will be like other things that have been open for a while. The guidelines are there but it's now time for people to self-police and take responsibility for themselves. A lot of people will bend the rules and as people see others bending them they themselves will become more lax. Anyone seriously worried for their health will obviously just be better off avoiding places like pubs etc.

If only there were plastic tubes that could enable someone to drink without fully removing their mask.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Are you still getting Fastrack with your pass or haven’t they told you yet?
I’ve about had enough of Merlin so if it wasn’t offered I would just not go, Alton have said they aren’t offering FT so it looks like I won’t be going.