• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What Element of a ride do you like the most?

bex

TS Member
Hey Guys,

So this topic has never been created before. So here goes. Which ride at any theme park within the uk has a secret element that you love and adore.

For me it has to be thirteens freefall drop track. Just when you think the ride has finished it throws one more spanner in the works and drops you 5 meters indoors in the dark.

Whats yours?

Love
Bex

Airtime hills or first drops which produce a lot of airtime. No "secret element" really gets me going.

Launch track for me! Love "Top Hats" too they're rather splendid!

Always adored Cobra Rolls as well. Ironically The Smiler's cobra roll doesn't feel like one and was the most disappointing element of the ride for me (bar the jolts) - probably the most boring of all the inversions, I love the cobra roll on Colossus and Boomers.

For me the Skyrush hills are my favourite elements of any coaster. -2G!

Mention of El Toro's wonder hill, Maverick's twists, iSpeed's first inversion, Blue Fire's roll. All worthy.

Any rolling launches.

Lh7AUWH.jpg

The first drop on Expedition GeForce.

WsL0P0R.jpg

The first drop of X2. 215ft. Vertical. Backwards. Face-first.

Not UK, but why limit ourselves?

Nemesis' helix for positive G. Blue Fire's final roll (though I rather like the loop too). Stealth's launch. The zero G roll on Dragon Kahn. The first drop on Oz'Iris. The "ski slathom" section at the end of Silver Star. Air time hills on Alpina Blitz and EGF. The "ejector - ejector - floater - ejector" combo of hills halfway through Troy. Oh, and Euro Mir's helix (if taken backwards).

The "valley run" on The Ultimate wins for pure insanity though. ;)

Sam said:
Lh7AUWH.jpg

The first drop on Expedition GeForce.
Oh god yes <3

mo7foae802ufs1rv001go9.jpg

The uphill launch on Space Mountain (DLP)

a50bdo0011hivgksg0gg60.jpg

The SkyLoop lift on G Force. Such a strange sensation slowly rolling backwards

wt46.670x600.jpg

HMmzzHW.png

Vertical lifts on the Winjas coasters. The brilliance of tilting straight into a drop, rather than pulling off onto a straight before dropping.

OroLRTY.png

Can we count Euro-Sat's brake run? Undoubtedly the highlight of the ride, and probably more forceful than any other ride there :p

Zero-G roll on Incredible Hulk, Nemesis' second corkscrew (or maybe the zero-G roll), Oblivion's drop and this:
DiogoJ42 said:
The "valley run" on The Ultimate wins for pure insanity though. ;)

Colossus and its cobra roll and 4 continuous barrel rolls. <3 Also the swarms lift and first drop I love a lot especially the right side!

Manta's (FL) pretzel loop for me. Followed by Oblivion's drop or Nemesis' helix.

MG_5003.jpg

The Smiler's secret element (aka washing machine) that we all know totally happened! ;)

The Death Hills on Mouse at BPB, for feeling like you're going to die is always fun :p

Nemesis' Helix. Because it is win.

The final brake run on Infusion, purely because that means you are nearly off the horrid thing ;)

Many have already been said but..

Nemesis' Zero-G
Wodan's switches
Blue Fire's final in-line
Smilers in-line
Saw's in-line
Shockwave's Zero-G
Wild Mouses last drop
Colossus' final heartline

Actually Nemesis' loop is pretty spectacular.

The first drop on Nemesis still after all these years astounds me the speed it gets as well, I cannot imagine there is another drop anywhere that gets that kind of speed in such a short space.

Still don't know it manages that!

Manta's pretzel loop back row is perhaps the most intense element I've ever experienced on a coaster, and yet there is such a difference in terms of intensity of the ride if you ride it else where. It's certainly my favourite coaster element.

Blue Fire's heart line is stunning. It was certainly one of the largest highlights for me and one of the most enjoyable coaster elements I've experienced to date.

Nemesis' helix for its raw power and how relentless it is being dragged through it.

The Smiler's first and final inversions with a loose restraint. I've genuinely left my seat an inch or two before and recall yanking my restraint down as tight as it would go just before the first lift hill. After the first terrifying pop of hang time, the rest has been a pleasant experience I always try to grab hold of again.

Some honourable mentions go to Expedition Everest's drop straight out of the mountain, the sensation of slowly being inverted on The Swarm's first drop, Wodan for its continuous non stop intensity and Forbidden Journey, particularly where it almost inverts you.