• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What happened to "chooo chooo..... Oh yeah"?

MrMutterson

TS Member
Last couple of seasons you couldn't walk round the park let alone ride RMT without hearing choo choo from someone... Then one of the operators added the "oh yeah" to the end... Even on Facebook you could check into the RMT and that appeared as a tag line....

The younger kids loved it!

This year it seems to have vanished all together.
5 visits and nothing!! :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've heard it the 4 days I've been on park :)

Even heard it in the Monorail station xD

The Original Choo Choo lady hasn't been seen for a while now. But every time I go the the Towers, the spirit does live on but with less enthusiasm. I'd happily do that job all day. The "Oh yeah", was also trademarked by the same lady so the legacy has sadly not rubbed off onto the new RMT staff. She may still be there, just rotating role each year.

I shall look out for it on my next visit... Sadly the enthusiasm of the staff on my last couple of visits was somewhat lacking.

Good job Mary is still there in the kiosk by the towers!
She's always cheery lol

They have to be careful. There were complaints from guests that it was a little 'sexually suggestive' for such a family ride. :) The lady who coined it all I believe now works on a different team to that of the RMT. It does still live on, just not really the same!

The ride op who originally came up with the phrase (famous previously for her amazing enthusiasm over in Mutiny Bay) now operates RMT very very rarely, and was - I believe - off work for quite a while this season due to health reasons! The catchphrase is therefore less and less prominent with ops now, and when said, it's often done with far far far less enthusiasm (unless some rogue monorail op is doing it ;)).

I do however really miss Di's crazyness looking back on the 2010 season and remembering "Let's go round agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiin!" booming around the area :(

They often still say "Choo Choo" but no "Ohhh Yeaa!". However most of the staff who work on it couldnt look more bored if they tried. Infact the majority of them spend more of the time on the phone than interacting with the guests.

Mr.P aka Tom is the best person on there of the current staff, but hes not on there much this season.

Sexually suggestive?! People really do have to get a life!! (and I'm not talking about the air tunnel)

I forgot about "let's go round again"
Happy times!.... Firework night last season on the RMT :)

I always like it when they're too busy chatting and don't park the train right leading to a third go round the track ;)

MrMutterson said:
And a 4th! Lol

Funny you should say that, as I have only experienced four with the infamous Choo Choo lady on a quiet, cold August evening where it was the "grand last ride of the day". Anyone else been there to witness this occurence?

And you will always get those types of complaining people, it's soft touches that we can live without. But like the "Don't look down" sound, they really added to the experience. It's a shame really, especially for the dear enthusiast.

The 2010 season I experienced the 4 turns on a couple of occasions. Off peak days and mostly adults and older kids on the ride but makes it a memorable experience.

My kids miss it almost as much as I do!

This makes me think actually - surely with the 'Choo Choo, Oh Yeah!' phrase being rather popular on park, it would be a good idea for the merchandising department to tap into the potential for some extra revenue here?

I'm sure children and families would love to wear a t-shirt or mug with a RMT graphic design and the infamous words emblazoned upon it.

Stelios said:
MrMutterson said:
And a 4th! Lol

Funny you should say that, as I have only experienced four with the infamous Choo Choo lady on a quiet, cold August evening where it was the "grand last ride of the day". Anyone else been there to witness this occurence?

Yes, I have been part of a similar experience, back in 2010, when the last train of the day racked up 6 circuits! Best RMT ride I've ever had, made all the more awesome by the 5 rerides on Duel right before it :p

As for the "sexual suggestion" it's sad, but that's just the world we live in. According to a few people Pirates of The Caribbean at Disney World Florida used to involve a scene like Pairs' does at present, where a pirate chases a young woman around in circles, while she lets out some dramatic gasps and squeals. It's rather amusing to watch, and you'd think it's just a bit of fun!

But oh no. Apparently the scene was modified a few months back, and now the woman carries a big cake in her hands. Very random, and the apparent reason for the change? The suggestion of assault and rape which was there before. It now appears he is after the cake; not the woman :-\

Welcome to our wonderful world!

I always remember listening to John Wardley talking about how the British have a much more refined sense of humour, and how in Professor Burp's Bubbleworks the fart-o-metre would only ever work in the UK, while most other countries would consider it far too rude to have in a family ride :p

I think the lack of enthusiasm came when the moved RMT from the team that runs Mutiny Bay and Katanga to the same team as Nemesis. The FV team are trained to focus on throughputs and have a darker theme to play with. RMT needs to be part of a family team who understand children.

Sexual suggestion.... Whatever's next!?!
They will be banning the audio on the flume where it says about people sharing bath tubs mum cosey!

People need to get a grip! Can't say anything anymore without some do gooder poking the nose into other peoples business.

If you don't like a tv program, movie, song etc you have a feature built in to your equipment - its called the off button

If you don't like a book don't read it!

If you don't like a theme park because of a harmless piece of audio may suggest something sexual take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what kind of a person you are if you interperate it that way in the first place!

Rant over! :)

Sadly though Alton are always wary to not take risks or stepping on peoples toes. I think it's such a shame because they could do with a little bit of cheekiness, but I suppose it isn't in their adopted image unlike Thorpe Park (but that's too extreme).

However, Alton say "we liken ourself to Johnny Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka" but to be honest, I've never seen this dark mysterious, unnerving and cheeky side played up enough by the resort itself or the branding used - except a slight hint in the subterra advert.

Alton did used to have a bit of cheekiness about them! Especially in the Morwenna era. Can't remember specifics, but I guess if you're getting complaints about certain things, or you're trying to cultivate a certain image, then this is the sort of the thing that happens - very OTT. :)