• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is your favourite part of Christmas dinner? (or equivalent)

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As many of you probably know, tomorrow is Christmas, and over the years, I’ve come to realise that food plays a surprisingly large role in Christmas (or at least it does here in the UK, anyway). Many people’s Christmas Day celebrations revolve around some form of roast dinner (often turkey) being eaten for lunch, so my question to you today is; what is your favourite part of Christmas dinner? And what are your thoughts on Christmas dinner in general? Do you look forward to a festive roast dinner, or would you prefer to tuck into something else on Christmas Day (or do you already have something different)?

Personally, if we’re picking from a traditional roast dinner plate like one might typically eat on Christmas Day, I’m personally undecided between roast potatoes and stuffing. I do rather like both of those things; I’ll admit I’ve always had a soft spot for roast potatoes, and I do generally really like the flavour of stuffing!

In terms of my opinion on Christmas dinner more generally; turkey is up there with chicken as one of my favourite meats to have for a roast (I guess I like the meats that come from poultry!), so in that regard, I do like it. If I were picking a Christmas dinner based exclusively on my own preference, however? Perhaps controversially, I wouldn’t pick a 3-course roast dinner. If I were picking, I’d buy or make myself a nice individual pasta dish (probably either beef lasagne or macaroni cheese), and also a nice individual dessert for later; that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner. And maybe a little bit of garlic bread too, if I felt like it; that always adds a touch of pizazz to a pasta dish for me! While I like roast dinner, it would never be my first choice, and while I might be alone here, I personally find the sheer quantity of food within a traditional 3-course Christmas dinner a bit much for my taste (although I’m admittedly not a huge eater).

But what is your favourite part of Christmas dinner, and what are your thoughts on it in general? Or if you don’t celebrate Christmas, what sort of things do you like about what you do instead? (That’s why I put the “or equivalent” in the topic title; I wasn’t sure if we’d have anyone who celebrates a different festival or doesn’t celebrate at all on here)

Finally, as tomorrow is of course Christmas; merry Christmas and happy new year from me! However you spend the period, have a nice time!

The only thing I hate about Christmas dinner is pigs in Blanket. Don’t like the Sausage they put in the middle. My favourite is Honey roast Parsnips or Christmas Pudding soaked in Brandy.

For Christmas dinner it’s Pigs in Blankets, as Sarah Millican said its what makes Christmas dinner great, you get to have meat wrapped in meat and it’s not even the main meat!

For general roast dinner I do love honey roast parsnips and roast potatoes.