• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What new-to-you coasters do you feel are your most likely top 10(ish) contenders in 2024?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Many people on here have a top 10 coasters list, a top 10%, or some determiner of the upper echelons of their coaster count. In a year of riding new coasters, you might expect to have a few new contenders for that part of your rankings. With this in mind, I'd be interested to know; what new-to-you coasters do you feel are most likely to make this most exclusive top tier of your rankings in 2024? What rides do you feel have the best shot at making your top 10, your top 10% or similar?

Personally, I'm off on my first ever visit to PortAventura World in Spain later this year, and I've also got the crop of new coasters in the UK to look forward to. With this in mind, I'd say that my most promising two contenders for this year are Shambhala at PortAventura Park and Hyperia at Thorpe Park, with a possible outside mention for Red Force at Ferrari Land.

In terms of Shambhala; the two B&M Hypers I've already ridden, Mako and Silver Star, are currently my #1 and #3 coasters, respectively, so I'm a big fan of the ride type as it is. With Shambhala commonly being perceived as the cream of the crop among B&M Hyper Coasters, I'd like to think that it might have a decent shot at hitting my top 10 or top 10%!

As for Hyperia; a hyper coaster is normally a winner for me, with 4 of the 6 coasters over 200ft tall I've ridden being in my top 10 and top 10% and the 5th only narrowly missing out at the #12 spot. With how awesome its layout design looks, I currently see nothing to imply that Hyperia will be any different! Some of those elements, such as the first drop, the non-inverting Immelmann and the outerbank into an inversion look absolutely insane, and even the other elements I haven't mentioned look absolutely awesome! With this in mind, I think it could definitely have a decent chance of htiting my top 10 or top 10%!

In terms of Red Force; I'm a little less sure about Red Force than the other two, as I've heard very mixed things about it. With that being said, I absolutely love Stealth, a similar big, fast coaster with an awesome launch, and that's ranked at #12. So if Red Force ends up being significantly better than Stealth, then I think it could definitely be in with an outside chance of hitting my top 10 or top 10%!

But I'd be keen to know; what new-to-you coasters do you feel are most likely to hit your top 10, top 10% or similar in 2024?

Hyperia, almost certainly. Could be top 5 potentially. And I'm sure that Nemmy will retain her top spot.

Voltron. It's all about EP's new coaster for me. I was lucky to get a decent look at how it's shaping up on my recent visit at New Year and I have ludicrously high hopes - I only hope it doesn't disappoint. If it's everything I hope it's going to be it should shoot straight to the top spot (above Wodan and Toutatis).

Aside from that, I'm hoping to be able to add Batman Gotham City Escape to the top 10, although I'm not expecting to like it as much as Toutatis due to the trim on the top hat.

I don't necessarily expect Hyperia to trouble the top 10, I am hoping it will be good but I'm not expecting perfection, mainly because it's so short and it's not really my favourite ride type - however my expectations have been exceeded before so I am keeping an open mind!

Only got a few bits booked so far and think it's more a year of riding lots of good coasters for me with a select few that might threaten the top 10.

New for 2024 coasters
Hyperia
Voltron

Hopefully new for me in 2024 coasters
Expedition G-Force (big fan of the early 2000s Intamin 'hypers')
Monster (Walygator) (though I don't have Raptor in my top 10)
Wildfire (can't write off an RMC)

So not much in reality, and if I'm honest I'd probably say the 2 new Macks are the most likely ones to trouble the top 10.

Voltron. It's all about EP's new coaster for me. I was lucky to get a decent look at how it's shaping up on my recent visit at New Year and I have ludicrously high hopes - I only hope it doesn't disappoint. If it's everything I hope it's going to be it should shoot straight to the top spot (above Wodan and Toutatis).

Aside from that, I'm hoping to be able to add Batman Gotham City Escape to the top 10, although I'm not expecting to like it as much as Toutatis due to the trim on the top hat.

I don't necessarily expect Hyperia to trouble the top 10, I am hoping it will be good but I'm not expecting perfection, mainly because it's so short and it's not really my favourite ride type - however my expectations have been exceeded before so I am keeping an open mind!
The trim on Gothy Citz feels like more of a holding break and gives great airtime when it releases. It is superb :cool:

I've not done Toutatis yet but hope to get on it this year and I can see that joining GCE and Taron in the top 10.

Not sure if Hyperia and Voltron will be top 10 but could be top 20. Same with Kondaa.

We are heading back to Dubai for 2 weeks in May. Got to go for work so taking the family again. This time we will be making the trip to Yas Island for Ferrari World, Sea World and Warner Bros.

Formula Rossa and Flying Aces are strong contenders I'd say. Manta at Sea World looks good too but don't think it's top 10 worthy personally.

I have already ridden the tallest coaster in the world all the way back in 2009 in Kingda Ka. It's now time to ride the fastest.

Also to echo the comment above..... Voltron is a coaster I'd love to ride this year but I don't think I will get there this year sadly. :(

Voltron looks like it has the potential to bother my top 20. Helix is also raved about and is a possibility this year.

The trim on Toutatis is much more of an annoyance that the one on BGCE which in reality is much more part of the experience of the ride. Plus the airtime hill that tries to yeet you out of the park.

The entire ride might as well be a stand up coaster, you don't exactly use the seat much.

Last edited: