• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your current coaster count?

Amazing knowledge thank you
You get quite a lot of that on here.
The way to get the right answer is to say the wrong answer.
And then you get three right answers, some more right than others.
And then some of us add absolute lies, for colour and personal amusement.
Dive in deep.

Following a visit to Fraspertuis City today I now stand at 550.
Been robbed of another coaster as Cigoland is shut due to bad weather. Did get to ride a Toboggan coaster at a fair yesterday though.

How did you find the Toboggan? They're...interesting machines

How did you find the Toboggan? They're...interesting machines
I'm signed up to coaster Count and they have a section were members can update details of fairs and what travelling coasters are at them. So for my trip which has taken in parts of France and Germany I'd just looked at listed fairs dates and then checked whereabouts they were in the country. Turned out a fair in Thionville about 30 minutes drive from Walygator was starting that afternoon. As Walygator was dead we left about 1.15pm arrived and had a wander around the fair, rode the Toboggan and the wacky worm had lunch and then went back to Walygator to lap Monster.

Usually if I do find a foreign fair I'll put it's name into Facebook as well as there is usually groups in those countries who post about them so you can confirm opening times and rides better as well. Meant as well as the fair in Thionville we also stopped in Kaiserslauten and Karlsruhe to take in fairs there as well. Annoyingly a few other fairs are close by to were we've visited but we'd be going too far out of our way to visit them.

Anyhow now up to 567 after riding a mountain coaster this afternoon.

IMG_20240601_135940.jpg

(said Toboggan in action)

Any clue where to find French fair info? German is easy, French is non existent

Also with how did you find it, how was it to ride for you? They're weird units.
Firstly they really jam you into the thing with a massive padded lap bar. The roof is usually padded as well, I had to slightly dip my head to the right to make sure I fitted it. Easily the best bit is the vertical lift hill.
When it starts going round and round there's a weird whirring noise almost like an electric engine is powering it.
Then your just sort of bracing for the 'airtime' hill and hoping you don't crack your head on the roof. A real janky ride.

Second one I've ridden now after one in little amerricka in Wisconsin. There's definitely another one on the French fair circuit and another that seems to operate around the south coast of England.

598 after the end of my German/France/Austria holiday and yesterdays jaunt to Emerald Park.

598 was Cu Chullain. Vaguely hoping I come across a random coaster in the next week so Hyperia is 600, if not it'll likely be one side of Mini Figure Speedway.

Inspired by someone else's I've seen, I've tarted up my spreadsheet. Clicking the coaster takes you to the RCDB page for it, the logos and flags are pulled from the internet through a formula, hovering or clicking the park opens it on Google Maps. The top 10 could look very different by the end of the year

No, I'm not letting go of The Ultimate

Screenshot 2024-06-21 231221.png