• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Where can I buy a Rollercoaster restraint?

Joseph

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
I know this is weird (I also had no idea where to put this so if a mod wants to move this, feel free)
But I really, really want an OTSR to use for film making and the sorts and I can't find any, I'm looking for something like a test seat or just the actual restraint. So if you guys have any connections to the industry (Which I know you do) it would be really helpful if you could help me. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OTSRs are fairly 'new' (e.g. the last 20 years or so) and so the coasters that they are implemented on are still generally in operation, no? I'm doubtful that you can acquire one very easily, and even if you did find one, it would most likely be rather expensive.

Sorry if this is of no help to you, but I'm just stating that it's unlikely you'll be able to find one. :(

I'm thinking on more of the lines of an old test seat (E.G Oblivion's) that's recently come up for sale, I'm sure I remember the Corkscrew cars being auctioned off? :/

Yeah occasionally things get auctioned off - corckscrew cars and the old swan boats have been from Alton and other parks do this too.

Id guess ebay might be the only place, but I cant imagine it would be a frequent thing to go for sale.

If its for film making surely you could find a prop company or similar to create a replica possibly out of a cheaper material? The test seats aren't made by the actual manufactures are they?

Go to Holiday Park, Germany.

You can buy a real Expedition Ge-force seat for a couple of hundred euros. You can get wheels as well.

Can't remember if it includes the T-bar restraint.

The seat they had when I went a couple of years ago was just the plastic seat itself.

DiogoJ42 said:
The seat they had when I went a couple of years ago was just the plastic seat itself.

When we went there was just the seat, some wheels, and a pair of broken wheel assemblies... Draw your own conclusion how they probably came about ;)

Oh, they had those as well. My point was that I didn't see a restraint.

As for having your own OTSR, you could probably make your own prop quite simply. I would use some plumbing pipes to make a frame, then shaped blocks of polystyrene to create the bulk of it. some thick wire for grab handles, a crafty paint job, and you have something that (depending on your craft skills) could easily work for a photo shoot.

What you could also do is go to a real theme park (Say Alton Towers or Thorpe Park) and use the test restraints outside the rides, if you want a specific background I suppose you could always try to greenscreen it.

I'm sure I read somewhere the the restraints in Air's advert were made out of cardboard, If so I would probably go on making my own restraint, like Diogo said. :)

Yup airs restraints in the advert were cardboard and the riders were held in place with full body climbing harnesses

aircreative1_zps1c329809.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2