• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which B&M coaster model is your favourite?

Which B&M coaster model is your favourite?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Over the years, B&M have produced numerous different models of coaster. From Inverted Coasters and Flying Coasters to Hyper Coasters and even brief forays into family coasters, this iconic manufacturer has produced many different models of roller coaster, with each one having its own unique quirks. So I’d be keen to know; which B&M coaster model is your personal favourite?

Personally, I’d have to vote for the Hyper Coaster. I’ve ridden 2 examples of the ride type, Mako and Silver Star, and they are both sublime rides; I absolutely love the strong sustained airtime, awesome sense of speed, and smooth and comfortable ride experience!

This is closely followed by the Dive Coaster; similarly to the Hyper Coaster, I absolutely love the sustained airtime feeling and sense of speed you get on them, although it’s never quite as good as the same sensations on Hyper Coasters, from my experience.

I’d probably rank the models as follows:
  1. Hyper Coaster - 2 ridden
  2. Dive Coaster - 2 ridden
  3. Inverted Coaster - 5 ridden
  4. Floorless Coaster - 1 ridden
  5. Sitting Coaster - 2 ridden
  6. Wing Coaster - 1 ridden (This model would previously have been 3rd, but with Swarm growing increasingly bouncy and me growing less fond of the vest restraints with time, it has slipped over time)
  7. Stand-Up Coaster - 0 ridden (I haven’t ridden a B&M stand-up, but based on Shockwave at Drayton Manor, where I find the standup riding position a bit weird but not absolutely abhorrent, I’d probably put the stand-up in this position as a guesstimate)
  8. Flying Coaster - 2 ridden
I haven’t done a Family Inverted Coaster. Give me about a fortnight and I should have done the only operating B&M Surf Coaster, seeing as I’m setting off to Florida for 2 weeks on Saturday.

But which B&M coaster model is your favourite? How would you rank the B&M models?

1: Inverted Coaster- 2 ridden
2: Dive Coaster- 1 ridden
3: Wing Coaster-2 ridden
4: Flying Coaster- 1 ridden

1. Inverted Coaster - 11
2. Hyper Coaster - 6
3. Dive Machine - 4
4. Floor less Coaster - 3
5. Wing Coaster - 5
6. Sitting Coaster - 1
7. Flying Coaster - 3
8. Stand Up Coaster - 2

Last edited:
I do like inverts, probably my fave steel coaster type

Inverted Coaster - 4 ridden
Wing Coaster - 1 ridden
Hyper Coaster - 2 ridden
Flying Coaster - 1 ridden
Dive Coaster - 1 ridden
Floorless Coaster - 1 ridden
Sitting Coaster - 1 ridden

When they get round to 4d'ing their wing that could be top. Until then the agility and variety of what they can do with the inverter puts it clearly in front, with flying and wing on a pretty equal footing in second for me.

For me, it is the dive coaster. Just for the sheer marvel of engineering that the thing is. If it is not for the huge gauge of the track, it is the sheer weight on the trains that the system seems to move about so effortlessly.

Has to be Hyper as my favourite. But I haven’t managed to ride them all yet so it’s not a full judgment. But as @Skyscraper has mentioned there are other models that the engineering and originality behind them is a marvel in itself. Flying coaster and Dive coaster being the main two in my eyes. And to think how lucky we are to have both the originals at Towers.

B&M are my favourite manufacturer and by quite some distance too.

Inverts and Hypers are number 1 and 2 for me but they are all good in their own right.

I'd love a B&M flagship park to be built. Somewhere where you could ride 7/8 of these models all in one park on the same day.

I reckon they're all pretty good.

Hahahaha very good.

Although you know what I mean. They don't all ride the same even though they are identical. There are definitely better ones out of the few I have done. Probably down to how well the parks look after them and weather factor too.

Hahahaha very good.

Although you know what I mean. They don't all ride the same even though they are identical. There are definitely better ones out of the few I have done. Probably down to how well the parks look after them and weather factor too.
Goliath at Six Flags Fiesta Texas felt noticeably worse than any of the others I've ridden (including Great White just a few hours earlier). Reckon that's because it had been relocated twice.

All of my top coasters have lap bars and airtime. But B&M inverts are right up there too. They're stunning rides and it's great that there are so many of them out there.

Nemesis, Montu, Raptor and Banshee are my favourites.

However if I could ride any B&M ride in the world right now it would probably be Mako. There is no such thing as a bad B&M Hyper (yes even Raging Bull).