• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

But you would have been younger then, would you have found it so scary if you experienced that for the first time at your current age?

I of course don't find the Wicker Man pre-show scary, but can see why some younger riders might.

:)
Yes - but that's my point! It's dramatic and imposing, which leaves a lasting impression - but it isn't too scary.

Can’t complain, but I can’t be the only one that’s a bit worried that a brand new roller coaster is only attracting a 50-60 minute queue during the busiest week of the year? I mean, we could expect Smiler to have had 2-3 hours this time in 2013.

Is it really only getting queues that long...? That’s really really bad if so. I remember The Smiler, heck, even Zufari, pulling 3/4 h/r waits in its opening year. The throughput difference isn’t wide to make such a difference.

That’s a real shame. Wicker Man is far better than those two attractions. Hopefully it at least pulls the guests into the park.

Is it really only getting queues that long...? That’s really really bad if so. I remember The Smiler, heck, even Zufari, pulling 3/4 h/r waits in its opening year. The throughput difference isn’t wide to make such a difference.

That’s a real shame. Wicker Man is far better than those two attractions. Hopefully it at least pulls the guests into the park.
Yes, it’s quite often somewhere between 70 and 100 at peak times on the busiest days though. Obviously at the start of the year it would see 2-3 hours but that would have been a mix between the initial hype and the regular breakdowns.

Maybe the queue is shorter because the staff have been trained well on the new attraction, plus it's the only roller coaster with the bag drop? I'm not sure if that's the case but the Wicker Man operation felt much faster than Smiler, Thirteen and Galactica.

Maybe the queue is shorter because the staff have been trained well on the new attraction, plus it's the only roller coaster with the bag drop? I'm not sure if that's the case but the Wicker Man operation felt much faster than Smiler, Thirteen and Galactica.

I agree! The overall operation and process seems far quicker on wicker man than any other ride at the park! The overall set up and operations on the ride are outstanding, I’m so glad they are thinking ahead about these things making the overall experience more enjoyable!

Walked over for this today to be told that it was closed. Was chatting with a young ride batcher who told me that the WM has a new fault that they haven't seen before. I don't think it's a mega one as it wasn't down for long. Some people did mention getting stuck in the tunnel on the break run. It was on three trains and was flying. My son had a panic moment as he couldn't hear the other train.