• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Well, GCI have now added Wicker Man to their website under their list of projects: https://www.greatcoasters.com/?p=wickerman

The reason why I told you all this, however, is because GCI reports a different length statistic to Alton... they say that the ride is 2,609ft long, whereas Alton claim 2,028ft. But the question is... who is right? I did always think that 2,028ft seemed too short for Wicker Man's layout, but I don't see why Alton would reduce the track length...

After a lucky seeason of riding either front 2 or back 2 rows on WickerMan i had the misfortune to sit mid train on Sunday ... it's soooo dull :confused: back to asking nicely to choose a seat I think! Don't want to have to endure that again :p

Well, GCI have now added Wicker Man to their website under their list of projects: https://www.greatcoasters.com/?p=wickerman

The reason why I told you all this, however, is because GCI reports a different length statistic to Alton... they say that the ride is 2,609ft long, whereas Alton claim 2,028ft. But the question is... who is right? I did always think that 2,028ft seemed too short for Wicker Man's layout, but I don't see why Alton would reduce the track length...
I would always go with the supplier website, but thats because parks tend to exagerate the statistics. So not sue what the deal is here!

Maybe, the CGI stats are the actual full layout and Altons stats don't list the lift hill, pre lift, break run ect?

Still...seems unusually restrained...

I've got a random question for you all; where is your favourite place to ride on the Wicker Man train? Is it front, back or somewhere in the middle?

As for my opinion on that matter, I've had 3 rides on Wicker Man; one in the very front row, one in row 10 and one in row 3. Oddly, I think the best ride I've had was the one I had in row 3!

All of my rides have been in the rear half of the train with the back row being the best for me. I suppose it'd be good to try the front for comparison but I worry that it wouldn't be as good, and after queuing an hour for it I wouldn't want to take the gamble (and that's assuming the bay loader would even let you choose... pigs might fly).

Theres always been a pleasant smell lingering but today they must have turned up the smell pods to 11 in the pre show room.

Going back to best ride position I prefer the back. First time I rode was in the middle I felt it was slow and nothing special. I went on straight after on the back and it felt like a different coaster. I always try get as far to the back as possible now.

Wicker Man was on great form today, and I have nothing better to do on a Friday night, so I've made a pumpkin based tribute...

IMG_20181005_181934_572.jpg

Not too shabby :cool: