• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Yeah, I've asked for the back row several times, have got it half the time, the others not so. I always ask the question of why when they refuse, they can never give a good answer.

Very strange, never experienced this at any other park.

I experience it all the time, at most parks I go to.
The official rule is imposed by many, as it should be. Stick to policy and procedure fully, no one gets hurt.
Sometimes, when the batcher is in a good mood, and the supervisor isnt watching, they take pity on the poor geek, apply a bit of common sense and magic, and let them take their pick...when the sun,moon and earth line up perfectly, you even get to ride through the mouse station platform with an expression of unbridled joy, with high fives from brakeman, operator, and gate staff.
...until they put cctv on the station and ruin it...constant supervision can ruin things.

So they can enforce pointless rules like what you can and can’t order depending on whereabouts you choose to sit at an F&B outlet or where you want to sit on a ride, but not enforce things like single rider queues or stopping people smoking outside of the designated areas..? C’mon Alton Towers, you can do better than this!

They have an excuse for the assigned seating, health and safety (notably rap evacuation requirements)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I was simply told "We have to fill up from the front" which is the weakest reason I've ever heard. It makes zero difference how you fill the bays as long as they're filled before the air gates open.

In fact you don't even need a bay loader when there are 2 people per row. I don't know why Alton Towers are wasting their precious, limited operating budget providing one. It's more relevant on rides like Nemesis where you get two people in row 3 and two in row 4, and they never think of sharing it until you ask them.

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anybody had decoded the new Wicker Man t-shirt, but since nobody owned up I did it myself last night... behold the imagination that went into this design :D

wickermantee_decoded.jpg

There were four symbols I didn't know but I'm guessing they're just other numbers.

And here was me thinking it would have quotes like 'be chosen', 'feed the flames', or other cool things... :(

Is it a word search? However i don't think they would go that far.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Running great today on 3 trains. The restraint issues seem to be a thing of the past. Flames working, misters working. Preshow working perfectly. And the batcher let me go on whatever row i wanted without even asking.