• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

No towers didn’t warn anyone, the app still listed the ride as closing at 5pm and it was still advertised as open on the app, saying it had a 90 min queue.

Not sure where the queue was but you couldn’t see it from the entrance. So was get less than the previous night.

There was a lot of annoyed guests turning up before 5 to find it closed. Especially by that time you wouldn’t be able to get to any other ride then.

The queue outside guest services was also really big with a lot of people complaining. The excuses changed a few times as to why it shut early, the main one before it’s too dark for it to run. Even though the ride does still have the temp lights and generators dotted around the ride and the park. And if they knew they had issues sat night then they had the whole of Sunday to sort the issue out.

Guest services were unaware it was closing early or it had closed early, but they just fobbed people off with free fastrack or return tickets.

Assuming the app is correct, Wickerman’s queue time looks much more reasonable today so is it back on 2 trains?

We rode WM twice yesterday but on both times the ride ops struggled to get my lap bar to click in. I'm no means overweight but quite tall and stocky bloke, the only way to click the lap bar was to cross my legs and only then it would click. At one point I didn't think I would fit 🤦‍♂️ has anyone else come across this? I didn't have this problem with any other ride so just curious if its a common thing for WM.

We rode WM twice yesterday but on both times the ride ops struggled to get my lap bar to click in. I'm no means overweight but quite tall and stocky bloke, the only way to click the lap bar was to cross my legs and only then it would click. At one point I didn't think I would fit has anyone else come across this? I didn't have this problem with any other ride so just curious if its a common thing for WM.
WM is restrictive - end of. Other GCIs are nowhere near as bad.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

We rode WM twice yesterday but on both times the ride ops struggled to get my lap bar to click in. I'm no means overweight but quite tall and stocky bloke, the only way to click the lap bar was to cross my legs and only then it would click. At one point I didn't think I would fit 🤦‍♂️ has anyone else come across this? I didn't have this problem with any other ride so just curious if its a common thing for WM.
I've got a bit of a beer gut, if I'm wearing a coat the ride op has been known to give mine a good push for that second click, I think they require two clicks to operate? Time to sign up for a gym, not in my 20s anymore!

I also witnessed a slightly overweight couple having to disembark without a ride, I felt really bad for them. (I mean no offense to anyone by this comment).

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm too fat after a nice Christmas break from coasters!

WM is restrictive - end of. Other GCIs are nowhere near as bad.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Could it be that because it doesn't have seatbelts they made the restraints more restrictive? Seems odd that WM's trains are more restrictive than other Millennium Flyers. :confused:

Could it be more because Towers wants an additional layer of safety compared to other parks operating GCI coasters in terms of how low the restraint has to sit?

This can vary by park; for instance, I know of people who got on rides like Mako and Silver Star, but really struggle to get on Shambhala because PortAventura’s operating procedure makes it more restrictive than the other B&M Hypers. I think Shambhala requires the restraint to be down 3 or 4 clicks, whereas Mako and SS only require 2 clicks, from what I’ve heard.

Noticed today themeing has started being removed from the queline, more so the hand painted/cotton signs/signage/flags.

Do we know if this is being replaced, or just removed all together. Some themeing pieces were specifically designed to have these and otherwise just look like random sticks/twigs poking out.

Noticed today themeing has started being removed from the queline, more so the hand painted/cotton signs/signage/flags.

Do we know if this is being replaced, or just removed all together. Some themeing pieces were specifically designed to have these and otherwise just look like random sticks/twigs poking out.
Well hopefully not the latter. I imagine they're replacing them qs when i last went, some of the twigs in the wall were messed around with and were quite easy to break.

I noticed the red "material" sign in the cattle pen queue within the turnaround has gone, leaving just the posts. Of course that could've been damaged in the winter storms and had to be removed and therefore they're waiting for a new one. A lot of the bunting on the lights and tunnels is looking tatty now and could do with replacing. But what makes me think things will get replaced is that the big runes next to the queue shop have been repaired - last year they were breaking apart, this year new wicker has been added - you can tell as the new bits are greeny/brown colour and different to the rest.

So I think theming will get replaced as and when it needs it.

It’s a cheap fix to replace the cotton signs I reckon, not a essential but it was sort of the themeing of the ride. Again, I agree about the buntin.

Battle Galleons has had new buntin this year so hopefully they can make there way over to Wicker Man too!

I noticed in the pre-show room the smell pods were on point! Very atmospheric smell! I did notice the projectors too. The images look more crisp now so I’m guessing it’s a better HD projector?