• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

I’ve been asked once what row I wanted (the bays were full up till 5 or 6) I said front (I had my fingers crossed) and the the staff member sent me down to row 1.
In this case she refused and told them there weren’t seating preferences, they were holding the loading up and she again told no and to go to row 5 but they ignored her and the train went with an empty row.

She did her best but what exactly can staff do when guests ignore instructions? It holds everyone up and if people ignore staff they think it’s acceptable all the time.

Didn’t VIP holders get a warning letter about exactly this sort of thing?

In this case she refused and told them there weren’t seating preferences, they were holding the loading up and she again told no and to go to row 5 but they ignored her and the train went with an empty row.

She did her best but what exactly can staff do when guests ignore instructions? It holds everyone up and if people ignore staff they think it’s acceptable all the time.

Didn’t VIP holders get a warning letter about exactly this sort of thing?
Please don't assume all or even most VIPs are like that, it's a quick way to get removed from all the VIP groups

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Been on Wicker Man today for the first time and managed 3 times, all back row due to being with a disabled guest, must say staff across the park are great with the ride access passes and can't help enough! So here's my thoughts on it.
After the first time, we all noted that it was faster onride that it looked and were all impressed, this being just after 11am. For me it was instantly my number 2 at the park but wasn't sure it would beat The Smiler.

After the second time, we all noted that it had sped up a great deal and it was literally flying round, my auntie actually said it had taken her off guard by how much it had sped up. By this point it was level with Smiler for me and I couldn't decide which was my favourite, so after 2 rides on Smiler (2 back row very smooth rides might I add) they were still level so we thought we'd end with Wicker Man again to decide.

The third time was even faster, what a kick it has to it! So, so impressed by its speed and re-ridability, we all absolutely loved it even more the third time, and The Smiler no longer sits on my Towers top spot! Even my dad, who only rides Galactica & Th13teen for coasters, said 'well that's bloody good isn't it' and it's now his favourite (Galactica has been his favourite ride for the past 9 years!)

Must admit thought, I agree the batching was really bad today, on one of the rides, rows 1-4 had guests, 5-10 were empty and we occupied 11 & 12. Sorry for the long, probably boring post, but just absolutely love this thing, it's fantastic!

Been on Wicker Man today for the first time and managed 3 times, all back row due to being with a disabled guest, must say staff across the park are great with the ride access passes and can't help enough! So here's my thoughts on it.
After the first time, we all noted that it was faster onride that it looked and were all impressed, this being just after 11am. For me it was instantly my number 2 at the park but wasn't sure it would beat The Smiler.

After the second time, we all noted that it had sped up a great deal and it was literally flying round, my auntie actually said it had taken her off guard by how much it had sped up. By this point it was level with Smiler for me and I couldn't decide which was my favourite, so after 2 rides on Smiler (2 back row very smooth rides might I add) they were still level so we thought we'd end with Wicker Man again to decide.

The third time was even faster, what a kick it has to it! So, so impressed by its speed and re-ridability, we all absolutely loved it even more the third time, and The Smiler no longer sits on my Towers top spot! Even my dad, who only rides Galactica & Th13teen for coasters, said 'well that's bloody good isn't it' and it's now his favourite (Galactica has been his favourite ride for the past 9 years!)

Must admit thought, I agree the batching was really bad today, on one of the rides, rows 1-4 had guests, 5-10 were empty and we occupied 11 & 12. Sorry for the long, probably boring post, but just absolutely love this thing, it's fantastic!
You know according to multiple ride hosts wickerman doesn't actually have assigned rap seating.

Yeah we had a wheelchair, my cousin is special needs and walking far is one of his problems.

EDIT: Did notice however whilst its being mentioned, that Wicker Man isn't even on the ride access pass for a start! We only actually had the card signed once throughout the entire day and that was on the second ride of Wicker Man

I’ve been trying to work this out but can’t, let’s say the trains are lined up in order with 1 in the station. Train 1 is dispatched, train 2 starts coming in. Where does train 2 need to be before train 3 can move? I’m assuming it has to be fully parked in the station.

Yeah we had a wheelchair, my cousin is special needs and walking far is one of his problems.

EDIT: Did notice however whilst its being mentioned, that Wicker Man isn't even on the ride access pass for a start! We only actually had the card signed once throughout the entire day and that was on the second ride of Wicker Man
Strictly speaking if it's not listed on the pass then they aren't supposed to mark it, I wonder if you ended up with one of last year's.

I’ve been trying to work this out but can’t, let’s say the trains are lined up in order with 1 in the station. Train 1 is dispatched, train 2 starts coming in. Where does train 2 need to be before train 3 can move? I’m assuming it has to be fully parked in the station.
As far as I could tell today, as soon as train 2 moves from around the final corner into the station, train 3 moves from the first indoor corner if that makes sense, to where train 2 would've been, it looked like it was anyway, train 3 was appearing as soon as 2 had moved in.

Strictly speaking if it's not listed on the pass then they aren't supposed to mark it, I wonder if you ended up with one of last year's.

Sorry for double posting, but it was printed on paper because we were told they'd ran out of the usual cards, so yeah I assume it was one of last years.

As far as I could tell today, as soon as train 2 moves from around the final corner into the station, train 3 moves from the first indoor corner if that makes sense, to where train 2 would've been, it looked like it was anyway, train 3 was appearing as soon as 2 had moved in.
I don’t think it’s that fast, when I’m on train 1 train 3 doesn’t start moving until I’m around the point on the lift where the angle changes (depending on where abouts I'm seated on the train).

Oh yeah true! On the back on the brake run we looked behind us and saw a train going up the lift hill, so you're right!

There still seemed to be issues squashing people into seats. Couple behind me had to get off and the row was sent around empty, neither were particularly burly. No other GCI seems to have the same issue, anyone know what the issue is with this?

There still seemed to be issues squashing people into seats. Couple behind me had to get off and the row was sent around empty, neither were particularly burly. No other GCI seems to have the same issue, anyone know what the issue is with this?
Maybe Alton wants the restraint down more clicks in order for extra safety?

I'd assume so Matt but I've never seen a ride reject soo many people. They really need a test car at the entrance because people are queuing upto 2 hours to find out they can't get on. What's puzzling me is that I reckon I was bigger than the guy behind me and I didn't have an issue.