• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

There was a conversation about the speed of it today on FB and somebody said it’s been slowed down, I just wanted to get my fact right before saying they can’t slow it down.

Just watched a newer POV against a month-old one, it's running a lot slower :(

I hope this isn't their solution to it overshooting the brake run!

Where are the numbers on the trains? I started the day on it the other day and when it had finished I remember thinking that was very slow, by the time I’d got back round to it later on in the day it was back to its normal speed.

Has it got any trim brakes?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I noticed there was a 'thing' just as you go towards the 'boring corner' turn. It sort of looked like an anti rollback mechanism, and it certainly made a noticeable noise as you passed it. Never seen one of them on any other GCI either.

Has this always been there? My logical guess would be it is an anti rollback thing in case the ride stalls, but it really felt like it could have served a purpose as a trim too.

I think it’s always been there. Only noticed it yesterday too, probably cos the ride was going so slow you get chance to notice theses things now :(
And the boring Corning was exceedingly boring yesterday

Last edited:
Where are the numbers on the trains? I started the day on it the other day and when it had finished I remember thinking that was very slow, by the time I’d got back round to it later on in the day it was back to its normal speed.
I spotted the train number on the rear bar.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Disappointing to hear that it is running more slowly, although I'll wait and see what it is like for myself on Sunday before worrying too much about it. Hopefully it is not too noticeable, I enjoyed it so much on its opening day!

:)

Disappointing to hear that it is running more slowly, although I'll wait and see what it is like for myself on Sunday before worrying too much about it. Hopefully it is not too noticeable, I enjoyed it so much on its opening day!

:)

I thought it was pretty slow on opening day so I’m really worried!

It appears that picsolve are still having issues with people appearing to be ghosts on Wicker Man

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I'm glad I've seen these comments about Wickerman running slower as it didn't seem as raucous at all on Tuesday and the boring corner was, well very boring :(

Hopefully it's only a short term thing while they bed the ride.